how much protien and how many cals are you doing a day?

timsdanni
on 4/22/06 6:46 am - Ft Stewart, GA
My nut upped my protien to 100 grams by 8 weeks out - so I have 2 weeks to get there - I can do it with a triple protien shake made with 12 oz of milk and 8 of water (20 oz liquid total) mixed with 3 scoops of protien - that gives me 75 grams but 450ish calories today my calories b/c of that are up in the 700s ( I enter most of my food in my food chart in the morning when I prepare it) this is scary for me b/c I have been at 500-600 range for the whole day with 75 grams. I am at about 85 grams so far today (still have 1 ounce of shrimp to accaully eat) she told me that way I was working out that if I did not hurry and get my protien up high I would start to have issues - I am not willing to give up the hard work I have done to get to my work out level so I guess I will have to get that much protien. so where are others with caloires and protien?? Danni 372/324/170
RebekaA
on 4/22/06 7:03 am - Inland Empire, CA
Danni, did they tell you how you're supposed to do that? That's a lot to get in, but I can see how you need it with the work outs that you do. I have read that our bodies can only absorb 30gm of protein at a time, so I'm not sure if tripling your shake will work....? But I'm not NUT. My cals are around 600-700. and my protein is between 60-80. Rebeka
timsdanni
on 4/22/06 10:08 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I have read that too - I make the triple shake up and then drink it in about 4 servings though out the day Danni
BabyRuth2u
on 4/22/06 10:51 am - Pittsburgh, PA
My understanding is the same as the others, that our bodies can really only absorb 30gm of protein at a time. So if you are doing it all at once its sort of a waste. You should try breaking it down to like 3 times a day. I also heard its good to have one prior to working out. Not sure how far in advance, but that its good.
timsdanni
on 4/22/06 11:32 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I had dh bring me mine while I was doing step arobics this am and took a huge swig and sipped out of my mouth b/c I was crashing - I had had almost a whole shake 25 grams before I did the eliptical and then I started the steps routien and about half way though was crashing hard - about 2 oz would be my guess how much I had but it helped!!!! way lots I was able to finish. I had some more before I did yoga - I took a nap today LOL but burned 1700 + calories working out LOL my protien shake is becoming my freind wierd huh I hated it a few weeks ago
Lauren003
on 4/22/06 11:54 pm - , NC
My nut has me on between 102 and 122 grams of protien/day. I make a shake in the morning and one at night of 2 scoops of Champion Stack and that gives me 92 gg. The food gives me the rest. I tried different flavors (somehow I don't like chocolate anymore?! Who would have thought??) and nothing I've tried mixes as well and gives me that amount for the volume. I haven't even really started exercising yet. I hope it doesn't get pushed up too. I can only take in so much!
Beckers
on 4/23/06 2:45 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I'm averaging 70 grams of Protein and 600 calories a day. I've been tired lately, and having a hard time getting energy to work out. I hope I don't have to increase my daily protein... as I'm still struggling to get the 70 grams down each day Rebecca M. 269/230/150
Donnamarie
on 6/5/06 9:38 am - NY
Phyllis, Interestingly enough my thighs were the least affected. I attribute that to the fact that my legs have ALWAYS been thick, even when I didn't have a problem with obesity. Thank god for Italian genes. My arms, now let's talk arms. My skin hangs down eight inches from the top of my bicep to the bottom of my bat wing. Go ahead, measure, you'll die!!!! My girls of course have suffered as well. They are the worst. My belly, while softish, is not the worst, although I am looking to get it done with arms and breasts. Wanna trade? I'd love those arms!!! Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views