Has anyone dumped yet?

kimbaby74
on 4/21/06 9:16 am - Western, KY
I think I dumped today. I was having my wonderful left over rotisserie chicken, with tomato sauce, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Well, I thought I had more tomato sauce in the pantry, but I didn't, so DH says to use the can of tomatoes in there. So, I got a tablespoon of tomatoes out along with a lot of the juice to make the chicken moist. I ate all of the chicken (the actual pieces of tomato were to acidic and my pouch didn't like them) and it tasted good. Well, I was getting ready to go back to work and started getting really shaky and nauseated. Then I started dry heaving. I went to look at the can and the third ingredient was high frutrose corn syrup!!! Stupid me didn't even look at the can!!!! I think it was a mild dumping episode though. It didn't last but about an hour or so, and laying down in the bed helped it go away. I feel fine now, but I was really freaking out! So, anybody else experience this yet? Kim 359/317/150
Darlene X
on 4/21/06 9:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sorry, nope..... Im almost 5 weeks out, and haven't dumped on anything Ive tried.... honestly I don't think I will be very sensitive to sugar or fat.... like my husband, I say he has an "iron pouch"....
BabyRuth2u
on 4/21/06 10:02 am - Pittsburgh, PA
No, nothing has made me dump yet. Thank God! I've been trying to be very careful and read everything. Today I tried something new, we ordered a small pizz and a gyro. I ate the topping off of the smallest slice of sausage pizza and probably a little over an oz. of gyro meat. It tasted so good! That wa about an hour and a half ago, hoped it would go well and so far nothing, so i guess it was agreeable.
MsKeara
on 4/21/06 10:17 am - Baldwin, WI
I dumped. It was on juice. I have some pre-mixed (juice and water) in the fridge but when I asked my mom to get some for me, she got the regular stuff. I got dizzy and disoriented followed later by the worst case of the poops. I asked here if it was dumping because it was terrible.
Beckers
on 4/21/06 10:17 am - Cottage Grove, OR
No dumping yet for me, but I have had bad chest pain from eating too fast. I've been afraid to try many things though, just been living off of tuna, eggs, refried beans and fish. I don't like cold cheese, so I can't eat cheese or cottage cheese... but I melt cheese on my eggs and beans. Kim- have you eaten much chicken? A lot of people say they still can't eat chicken, even years out from surgery... Rebecca M. 269/232/150
kimbaby74
on 4/21/06 2:29 pm - Western, KY
This episode was the third time I had chicken. I've boiled chicken last week and it went down like a dream. Then last night my husband bought a rotisserie chicken for me and it tasted wonderful, and I had no problems. Tonight even, I went to a mexican restaurant and ordered chicken fajitas and just ate the chicken and was fine. I really think it was the corn syrup in the tomatoes. Who'd of thought canned tomatoes would have syrup in it? Not me, that's for sure! I've had the chest pains from eating too fast. Not fun at all. Yesterday, I took a drink of water too fast, possibly too much too, and that caused me some pain too. This new body...still don't know what to think about it...definately not sure how to treat it yet!! Kim
nuevosueno
on 4/26/06 2:59 pm - Over the Rainbow, KS
Hi Mark, She said they met the criteria? When did that happen? Please fill me in. Thanks!
socalkarin
on 4/21/06 10:32 am - Monrovia, CA
Not sure if this is dumping or just a bad food choice - I've had several instances of diarrhea ever since surgery. I don't feel bad, have any cramps, sweating, nausea, or chills - just the loose bowels. I'm trying to isolate what might be causing it, which could take some time! I've always had a very efficient system, so this may just be how I eliminate now. ????
lescalleet239
on 4/22/06 12:05 pm - State Line, PA
Are you drinking/eating milk products? I have found when I drink/eat too much milk stuff the diarrhea hits. lactose intolerant.... that is what my nut, thinks it is. Just a thought Leslie
mmeyerssr
on 4/27/06 7:06 am - Ozawkie, KS
Well she didn't actually say they met all the criteria specifically. I interpreted it that way because she said all they need is an on site inspection. She didn't elaborate any further. But if that's all they need then the rest must be in the bag. In the beginning they were just short a handful of procedures. That's all they needed to meet the requirements. She did tell me earleir that it wouldn't take long to get them done. I didn't want to keep her tied up long. I kind of feel bad about contacting these folks since I'm not actualy a patient there. I am still waiting for a call back from Dr. Dunshee at Tall Grass in Topeka.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views