Talk about a week...

jennb40
on 4/21/06 9:07 pm - Nashua, NH
Well, last Saturday I had to make a most unexpected trip to my home town of Nashville, TN. (have only been in New England 5 years). A woman who has been like a mother to me died and we went for the funeral. Talk about a week....for my water each day I bought 2 quart bottles of water to make sure I got in all my water. Meals were for the most part in restaurants, so had to be careful. Had one bad experience on Saturday night, I ate one - now mind you one - thin slice of honey baked turkey - probably 3 oz. Well, in my state of craziness...didn't think about the honey glazed topping on that itsy bitsy piece of turkey. Well, my dear friends...about 15 minutes after my last chewed up, very small bites - I began the famous "dumping" or what I perceive to be dumping. I was out of it for about 3 hours...ing....feeling like a heart attack, sweating...pain in the back and chest...WHEW....who would have thought it??? That is the only time it has happened since my surgery on the 13th. Vitamins I did great on. My nut recommended the new Citracal Creamy Bites - calcium citrate in yummy flavors...I take 2 of those a day plus one Citracal citrate Petits...get 1400 mg a day. They sure are easier than taking 3 petits to swallow a day. The creamy bites are a bit expensive - 30 pices for about $5-$6 depending on where you get them. Anyway we got home last night, my 2 pugs were delighted to see their mommy and daddy back and I plan to spend today drinking lots of water and trying to return to normal! Get to go back to Ladies Workout Express (like Curves) on Monday! As of this morning (only weighing on Saturday) I am down 47 pounds since the week before surgery...so no complaints here! Glad to be home and have been missing the posts on the MARCHer's forum! Hope all of you are doing well! Barbara
BabyRuth2u
on 4/21/06 11:00 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Barb, sorry to hear about the reason for your trip and your dumping episode. But sounds like you did very well with everything being away from home. I have been using the citracal Creamy bites too, love them! Everytime I take one I do a little chant.. I get to have chocolate! LOL They do taste very good. I didnt know about the Citrate Petits, I'll have to check into those. Can always use the extra calcium especially since I don't drink milk. I do eat cottage cheese and cheeses, so that does help. The gym I go to also has whats called a Ladies Fitness Express is like the Curves set up. I'm glad they have this, its nice to have a gym that has that along with all the other weights, treadmills, steppers etc. So one can build as they go and do other things not be limited to just the curves workout. Welcome home and keep up the good work!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/21/06 11:21 pm - My Town, NH
Barbara, I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were! I'm sorry that you lost someone so close to you. It does sound like you managed your travel quite well. It's so easy to forget about all these added sugars in food. The dumping does not sound like fun at all. Yuck! We are glad you are home too and so proud of your progress thus far! - Stephanie
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/22/06 1:21 am - Littlerock, CA
Welcome home. Considering how much you ate out, you didn't do bad at all! Sorry for your loss. Isn't it wonderful when you're welcomed home by your lovies!! Ingrid
Beckers
on 4/22/06 3:25 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Hi Barbara!! I have a pug, too I think pug owners are special people Congrats on being down 47 lbs.! You're doing great! Rebecca M. 269/stuck at 232 and refusing to weigh again/150 goal
Woodland
on 4/22/06 3:36 am - Vancouver, WA
I too have pug - totally agree that it takes special people to own them. I've been walking her faithfully though, and my pudgy little girl is trimming down just like I am. Sorry to hear about the dumping. I'm so afraid of it - but there have been a few times that I've had a little more sugar than one would think I should, and there's not been a reaction. Maybe some people are just more susceptible. But remember, dumping is one of the good things about the RNY "tool." It helps us stay honest and on track! I'm still on pureed diet, so don't venture out to restaurants yet - it's going to be quite a challenge when I can do that. Today I'm down 51 pounds - 29 before surgery and 21 since. Feels great!!! By the way - this is the first time I've posted on this website, but I've been lurking for a while. Feel like I know many of you already having read the profiles.
Beckers
on 4/22/06 6:11 am - Cottage Grove, OR
YAY Diane Glad you posted! Pug/RNY people of the world--- UNITE!! How did you get your pic to show on your posts already? Did you do it yourself, or did you mail your pic to Obesity Help? Rebecca M.
Donnamarie
on 6/4/06 11:45 pm - NY
Welcome back Phyllis!!! Today for me -- and my son!!! Vinny is doing so good at this gym stuff. I'm proud of him. I just wish his eating would come into line as well. I am going to do a 60 minutes Group Power class this morning at 10:30 since I have a day off from work today Then this afternoon after my son gets home from school will be: 45 minutes elliptical 10 minutes stepper Donna only 12 more days until my first plastic consult
Donnamarie
on 6/5/06 3:27 am - NY
Phyllis, You look absolutely amazing!!!!! I just clicked on your link. Your arms are gorgeous. Do you need them done at all? Donna
Lynette
on 6/5/06 10:04 pm - Cookeville, TN
You look great Phyllis. Morning: Pilates (arms and legs) I hope I can get back to ab work soon. I think it would show now after PS. Easy Steps Walking Video Evening: 45 mins. elliptical 15 mins. treadmill 30 mins. weights Lynette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views