Am I losing to fast?

lizzey627
on 4/20/06 2:58 pm - Dunlap, CA
Hi everyone I had surgery on march10/06 Im doing great! I think for the most part. I have been wondering if Im losing to fast? On surgery date I weighed 277 Today I weigh to 245 in 6 weeks thats a loss of 32lbs I can eat anything and have no issues with drinking I do get nausea sometimes though and diarreah (but not often). I was just wondering if thats normal or should it be a little slower. That is alot of weight to me.
alaskanbat
on 4/20/06 5:01 pm - Wasilla, AK
I don't think you are losing too fast. I had my surgery on Mar. 20th... and I am down almost 40 pounds. Another girl that had it done the same day as me said she is down 60! I think it all depends on your body. I know men lose faster... not sure what else determines how fast you lose. Hope that makes you feel better! Patti
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 10:41 pm - PA
I don't think so. I am down 33lbs and had my surgery on 3/29. Plus I was considered a "lightweight" to begin with. I was worried, but my surgeon wasn't. I'm just assuming it will probably slow down later. I say enjoy it while you can! Kathy
Amy I.
on 4/20/06 10:49 pm - KS
I had surgery on the 20th and had lost 25# on my 2 week Dr.'s appt. and by that next Monday I had lost another 5#. I don't own a scale so I don't know if I have lost more or not, but I know that you lose fast at first and then it slows down. I think you are fine and Congrats! Amy I
Darlene X
on 4/21/06 12:36 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't think that's fast at all.... your body knows what it's doing... I don't really believe there is a "too fast" for weight loss, not when your overweight... your body is gonna let go of what it needs, and stall you if it needs to slow down a little. I had surgery 03/20 and am down 39lbs... In my head that slower than I though, even though thats awesome!
Shana M.
on 4/21/06 4:01 am - KY
You'll slow down, then you'll be wishing you were back to speedy weight loss. I'm averaging about 1/2 a pound a day right now. In my first 3-4 weeks after surgery I dropped 40. As long as you follow your diet and exercise, your body will do the rest! SLM
kimbaby74
on 4/21/06 4:52 am - Western, KY
When I went for my one month follow up I was down 41 pounds and my doctor told me I was losing too fast. Then he said, "I find with patients that are losing that fast, they are not getting in all of their fluids." I was guilty! So I'm trying to get as much as possible in now so I won't be showing him the tell tell signs! Congrats on the 32 lbs! Kim 359/317/150
tazdiva
on 4/21/06 6:29 am - Lawrence, KS
Hi Tiffany: You can visit their website at topekaobesitysurgery.com. This site gives you contact information and links to other information. I'm currently going through this process with them and have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. You can email me directly at [email protected] if you have any other questions.
Alice T.
on 4/22/06 12:35 am - Lee's Summit, MO
I had surgery there in 2003. I think they are wonderful. You can email me as well with specifics. I had a RNY but think you would be hard pressed to find more cairng doctors. Alice
Sherri ..
on 5/4/06 5:01 pm - Northwest, MO
I just had my surgery w/ Dr. Dunshee at Tallgrass on April 17, 2006. He is VERY nice. The total for self pay is $10,750. That DOES include 1 year follow upcare w/ fills. Informational Seminars for Tallgrass are held on the second Saturday of every month at St. Francis Health Center (1700 SW 7th Street, Topeka, KS) in the Auditorium on the second floor from 10:00am - noon. The WL doctors at Tallgrass are Bernita Berntsen, Carlyle Dunshee II, and Brent E. Steward. Please feel free to eamil me at [email protected] if you want me to answer any questions for you. Sherri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views