Back to work, So sick! this is really gross!

* Icemama *.
on 4/20/06 8:11 am - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Wow,.. I hate to seem excited, but Now I don't feel totally alone in this. Its good to hear that I am not the only one who is under 20lbs after a month. I do hope to feel better. I can't wait!,.. lol
AZGirl
on 4/20/06 8:11 am - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Steph, I am sorry you are feeling so sick. I hope the doctor figures out what is wrong at your appointment tomorrow. I don't know how people can go back to work after only a week or two either. I find that I have needed the extra time to get used to my new eating schedule and my entire new routine. So, don't feel bad about needing extra time. As for the weight loss, I am right there with you. I lost 13 pounds the first week and nothing for the past two weeks. Tomorrow I am 3 weeks post op. I often wonder what is wrong with me after hearing of people losing like 30 pounds in the first month. Sometimes I think the surgery isn't going to work for me. On the other hand, losing it more slowly will help us when it comes to the whole skin issue. Try to hang in there and know that you are not alone in this. Joanne
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/20/06 8:11 am - My Town, NH
From one Steph to another, I'm sending you good thoughts! I'm sorry you are having such a tough time and I hope your appointment tomorrow gives you a few possible solutions to these issues. I had Lap RNY and took three weeks off from work. And, when I did return, I only worked half days the first week. Even now, I sometimes find myself needing a nap in the middle of the day! Also, I lost 17 pounds in the first month with exercise. I won't say "only" 17 pounds as I could not have lost 17 pounds in a month before surgery. The scale will begin to move again. I promise. Keep us posted! - Stephanie
Jimmy
on 4/25/06 8:56 pm - North Platte, NE
Wow I needed a break I'll stop here at here at the rest area and see what happening at the Nebraska Message Board kinda of slow but I know it will pick up . Well time to go for a walk by the way I'am hitchhiking gas to expensive . (LOL****il later jimmy. P.S. So much for the early morning humor!!!!!!!!!!!!
k8de12
on 5/10/06 8:20 pm - Lincoln, NE
I am here! Wow, I have missed hearing how everyone is doing. Well lets get you up dated on my progress. 1st about 2 weeks post op I couldnt keep anything down. I was a bad little girl and ate some foods I shouldnt and did I ever learn my lesson. Well come to find out I have stenosis or a strickture (spelling isnt my thing). I went in and had that dialated and wwaaallllaaaahhhh. I have never felt better. I went back to work after being off only 3 weeks. I am walking like a winner and eating what I am supposed to be eating. I should have just done that from the beginning it would have been much easier. I learned the hard way tho. So, the Dr that did my dialation said I am one of those lucky ones that heal so quickly it just closes the hole. He also said I would probably be back a few more times to have the same procedure done. I am not upset by this at all, because I felt so wonderful afterwards. I have lost 40 lbs in a month and 1 week and I am feeling it in my clothing. I have a great idea! I think we need to start a clothing exchange for post op people. I would love to share my clothing with people that could use it, and I could really use something that fit a little better. I am tired of the underware falling down. Sorry, had to share. I wish you all success on your journey and I am enjoying this one. It is going to be a fun ride! Keep in touch. Katie
monymony
on 4/26/06 2:01 am
Hi Jimmy, We must go in spurts of posting. I am doing fine. I hope everyone else is doing well. Mona
brooke458
on 4/28/06 9:34 am - Lincoln, NE
Jimmy, Iam a little slow this week, but still here. I was up $200 then lost $210, I need to learn to quick when Iam ahead. Still only at a quarter of a mile, I get so tired, so I'll do a quarter in the morning then another quarter in the evening. So I manage to get in my mile, I just wish I could just blow it out in the morning. I just had my one month follow up today, still losing weight, Dr Hung said Iam doing exactly what I need to do. So hopefully I'll get back up to speed. You take care Brooke
lesliep
on 4/20/06 8:11 am - Middleburg Hts., OH
Hi Steph, I'm one of those Marchers who haven't been doing that great. I was fine when I got home, but just wasn't getting better. I ran a 102 temp. one day and knew I was probably infected somewhere. Ended up I had a bladder/kidney infection. I started on antibiotics only to have the incision become infected, too. It literally burst open and drained - what a sight that was- I went back in overnight for IV fluids and antibiotics and felt a little better. Now my husband has to irrigate and pack my wound twice a day. It hurts like nothing else!!! I'm four weeks out on Friday and have lost 23lbs. I know how you feel because for what I've been through I feel like it should be 53lbs!!! The doctor says it's going to take a long time to heal from the inside out. I'm planning on going back on May 8th. My energy level is finally getting better these last couple of days and I've only thrown up once when I tried microscopic pieces of turkey - I guess they were too dry and got royally stuck. I know how whipped you feel when you get sick. I really hope things get better for you. Please know there are others who are still in the "what the hell did I do to myself" phase of this journey. I just know someday we'll be glad we did this. I can't wait to feel awesome!!! Take care and come on the boards to whine as much as you want. That's what we're here for. Hugs. Leslie Middleburg Hts., Ohio
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views