Back to work, So sick! this is really gross!

* Icemama *.
on 4/20/06 8:10 am - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
I was due back at work on Monday. After a horrible weekend of throwing up every meal and then Sunday evening realizing I had not had a No# 2 in over 8 days. I decided to drink some tea with Senna in it so I could go, um relieve myself. I woke up Monday morning an hour early to yup the formerly stuck in my intestines now partly out and partly in me if you know what I mean. I could not hardly walk. waited, waited and waited for the office to open, Called the docs office and they told me not to go to work,. well duh! they said to take benefiber. Just go to the store and pick some up. Ohh my gosh I could barely walk what the 'fahhh' are you saying to me? Anyway get a friend to get it for me take it and wait some more. My doc's office is worried that I threw up at every meal over the weekend so they tell me to come in. Well about 20 min before I leave guess what the combo of the tea & benefiber decide to work together. I could barely leave the bathroom for hours. Cramping from the tea it was horrid. The next day I wake up and go to work. I was barely there an hour when I started having pain in my side. I was feeling light headed and I decided on Lunch I'd run home and get the muscle relaxers the doc gave me. and the pain pills just incase. Went to grab them from under my cabinet and felt so dizzy. Spoke with the head nurse at the docs office and she said I was dehydrated. I had no idea that it could feel like that. I called my boss to tell her that I was not feeling good and would not be coming back. Started to drink water like it was about to disappear from the Earth. I got hungry. So I ate 30/30 of course. Later I was throwing up like crazy. Even when I tried to drink more water because I was thirsty I would thow the water up. Felt horrible all last night. Called in to let them know I would not be going to work today again. My problem is I see everyone else returning to work with no problems. I thought I was going to die and I was only there a few hours. I was soo weak and felt like I seriously needed to get back in bed after only 2 hours of being there. All I did was unpack my desk and take a few phone calls. Why is this happening to me and no one else? Also my one month post op anniversary is Sat. I have only lost 17lbs and none since like 6 days post op and until this week I had been walking for about an hour or more everyday. Really getting fed up reading everyone else's success w/o exercise and eating the wrong things from time to time. i don't want to feel like this. Can anyone help?
timsdanni
on 4/20/06 8:10 am - Ft Stewart, GA
no help sorry but sympathy there is no way I could have gone back to work a week or two post op - I am almost 6 weeks post op and just now getting back to my "job" of homemaker and homeschool mom, church volunteer and unit frg officer. I am still wiped out all the time - I literally pass out by 9 pm regardless of what I still have to do I can eat wrong things and that scares me!! I can eat butter on my cream of wheat. I like the frosting off my finger making cakes today and did not get sick. give me chicken and it is a differnt story city have you been mesuring your body? that is one way to see if you are losing when the scale is not moving. what does your doctor say about you not losing? that would scare me so bad I hope you get some answers and I am sure in time you will have sucesses to share also Danni
MsKeara
on 4/20/06 8:10 am - Baldwin, WI
Steph, I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a rough go of it. I went back to work full time on Monday and just felt tired. However, I wasn't sick the weekend before. It sounds like you might be expecting too much from yourself right now. Has your surgeon figured out why you are so sick? You can't expect to go back to work without problems if you are having problems before. There are a few Marchers that have been having problems but they aren't feeling well enough to post about it right now. I feel that I'm fortunate. However, I can relate to the losing weight feelings. I went down 10 pounds before surgery and then another 10 my first week post op. Nothing since then. I stopped checking the scale because it only discouraged me. I'm just over 3 weeks out now. I know you are frustrated and obviously not feeling well but you should still be encouraged my the success stories you read here. I get green with envy when I read some of the stories but I just hope to catch up next month. Continue to do the right thing and hope to feel better soon. MsKeara
* Icemama *.
Thank You for your support. This board has been a heaven sent. I will be going to the doctors office in the am. Feeling a little better, but I think it is only because when I get tired I can go to bed. I was on the main board and I got a bit more info. I'll try something different with my protein. Thanks again.
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/20/06 8:10 am - Littlerock, CA
Your experience and the fear of it are exactly why I decided to take a few extra weeks off. I felt it would be better for me to go back to work with an idea of what kinds of food make me ill and what I'm ok with. I also decided to go back on a Thursday so I didn't have to do a whole week right off the bat. I too am astounded by some of the wonderful success stories I read on here, but I knew I would not be ready to go back to work so soon. I have to admit that I am just now starting to get bored at home. By a week from tomorrow I should be ready to go back, I hope. Ingrid
* Icemama *.
Ingrid It is good to hear someone who did not feel so good and went back to work like in 2wks or exactly 3 wks. You are very smart to have done that. Did you have open or lap? Thanks for the input!
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/20/06 8:11 am - Littlerock, CA
I had a lap, but I knew I'd take some additional time off anyway! I'm really glad I did both because of my food adventures and because I needed some time away. It has also given me a better perspective on what is really important in my life, I plan on cutting down my O.T. once I get back so I can concentrate on excersice, gardening and my family, not necessaryily in that order. Ingrid
monymony
on 4/21/06 2:53 am
Hi Jimmy, sounds like you and Donna are doing great. Sometimes you lose inches instead of pounds. Keep up the good work. Mona
Nadine O.
on 4/20/06 8:10 am - Baltimore, MD
I was one of the people that was able to go back to work after 2 1/2 weeks. I didn't want to use all my leave. I hope you feel better soon. Take Care Nadine O.
RebekaA
on 4/20/06 8:11 am - Inland Empire, CA
No advice, but sending (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) your way. I really hope you feel better soon. And PS. I've only lost 19#'s since surgery and I'm 5 weeks out so I'm right there with you, but I'm hanging in there b/c I know now at least I can't blow it by going on a big binge and gaining it all back in 2 weeks. Hang in there, it'll come off.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views