How many calories are you eating?

Barbara M.
on 4/17/06 10:14 am - St. Louis, MO
I am 7 weeks out and wondering about how many calories you all are eating if you are at about this point? Thanks! Barb
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/17/06 10:45 am - My Town, NH
Hi Barb. I'm only 5 weeks out and am eating around 600 calories a day. I meet with my nutritionist on Thursday and am going to ask her how many calories I should be consuming now, at 2 months out, at 3 months out, etc. I hope that helps reassure me that I am consuming the right amount of calories! - Stephanie
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/17/06 12:37 pm - Littlerock, CA
I seem to be getting between 500 - 800 depending on if I have a high calorie item like peanut butter. It's amazing how the protien shakes up the calories too. According to my literature from the surgeon, I'm getting in right about what I should be.
timsdanni
on 4/17/06 12:53 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I have not gone over 600 yet but usaully get between 450-550 with all 50 grams of protien I need right now it is fixing to get harder b/c I need to start upping my protien to 75 after this Fri. however I am ok with my protien shakes now so I figure I will just add one more made with a few ounce of milk and water - about 140 calories for 26 more grams of protien Danni
KerryP
on 4/17/06 8:36 pm - MA
I'm having around 800. Protein shakes calories really add up!!!
miminjoey
on 4/17/06 10:51 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I don't even have a clue....I don't even bother to add them up...one because i suck at it and 2...i know it's not much...I will learn how to do it though on Thursday because one day I will be able to eat more then refried beans! I know it is less then 500 Mimi
timsdanni
on 4/17/06 11:47 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
Mimi go to fitday.com and just enter EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth - ok everything that stays down over 5 mins is my persoanl rule Danni
missandreab
on 4/18/06 2:02 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Barb Most days I am getting between 600 to 1000. I am worried that I am getting too much. Nothing bothers me though so I can eat whatever I want from the prescribed diet. I am also getting anywhere from 80 to 100 g of protein a day. I am scared to death that I am not going to loose. I am three weeks post op and the scale has not moved since I came home from the hospital. Andrea
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/06 2:29 am - Baltimore, MD
I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and I am getting 300-500 calories per day. I know it is just not enough but I can't seem to eat more and get in all of the protein I'm supposed to. Yes - Fitday.com is an great site to track your food and weight.
Heather_O
on 4/18/06 6:21 am - WI
I asked my nut how much calories and grams of carbs I should be eating and she said that for the first 6 months that it doesnt matter as long as I'm eating the right types of foods and getting about 1/2 cup for each meal that its impossible for me to get to much in. Hope that helps. Heather 316/238/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views