*** 04/17, What did ya eat? ***

Darlene X
on 4/17/06 8:53 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Guys..... Its been an ok day so far, with all the time it takes to drink, and waiting 30 minutes before & after my meals it's hard to fit all the food and water I need in. Im working on it Im happy everything Ive tried so far is good, no food stuck, no dumping. Breakfast: 1/2 an egg & a few slices of sauteed mushroom Snack: Missed it, got too close to lunch Lunch: Half a meatball w/ sauce (No food at home, gotta go shopping--- got it from the cafeteria-- wasn't very good-- cheap meat) Snack: 5 whole grain melba toast snacks w/ a wedge of laughing cow cheese Snack 2: 4 Beef jerky bites (The tender ones, can't remember the name of them, nuggets or something) Dinner: 3oz chilli Im drinking drinking, should get my 64oz in, dont normally have too many issues with that.
Joanna C.
on 4/17/06 9:34 am - Miami, FL
Hi Darlene, Could it really be that you changed up your snack a bit??? Or is Melba toast what you always have with your laughing cow? I've been AWOL for a few days - celebrating Easter with the family and enjoying the last few days before returning to work today. It was very stressful today - I'm a Postal Manager and today was TAX DAY!!! I should have taken another day off. Oh well, it's over. Fluids today - Just at work today I had over 64 oz. so I'm doing well in that department. Breakfast - Isopure Protein shake with 8oz skim milk and French Vanilla cafe. Snack - Dannon Carb Select Yogurt Smoothie Lunch - Starkist Tuna Lunch Kit - ate a little more than 1/2. Snack - skipped it - busy at the Post Office!!! Dinner - Crab and Shrimp omelette with grated Parmessan (about 1/2 cup). Snack - I'm going to have warm milk with Swiss Mocha Cafe tonight. Have a great evening all!!!
Darlene X
on 4/17/06 9:40 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah you got me!!!! I didn't have my normal Hummus and soy crisps LOL Melba Toast was allowed on my list, so I got the snack ones, whole grain and smaller... very crunchy mmm, and lots of fiber to help with the constipation hehehe... sooooo yes I didn't have soy crisps today hehe. I can't wait till next week, Tuesday Im allowed to go to a completely normal diet and eat ANYTHING!! Woo hooo.... Salad and raw veggies here I come!!
Mary M.
on 4/17/06 10:28 am - Livonia, MI
Boy I sure do miss a good salad! I was told to wait 12 weeks so I am waiting. Food today not bad. I missed this thread over the weekend. B- Rice krispies/ skim milk 1/2 cup s- Protein shake with banana L- 1 scrambled egg s- mozzarella stick d- 3 oz roast beef s- protein shake (will have) Been a good day. I have cold cereal a couple of times per week. I need it. Otherwise I try to keep low carb. Have a good day! Mary
ooh-lala
on 4/17/06 10:40 am - Great Bend, KS
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Breakfast: 1 oz Cabot 75% Light Vermont Cheddar, 3 med. strawberries Lunch: 1.5 oz ham (leftovers), 2 TBS scalloped potatoes, 1 sm. mandarin orange segment Dinner: 2.5 oz. grilled chicken breast and 1/8 cup grilled yellow squash Before bed I intend to have 1 cup of Carb Countdown fat free dairy beverage and 2 TBS sugar-free chocolate syrup. I'm also going to try to sneak in a tbs of unflavored protein powder. Laura 381/346/175(?)
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/17/06 10:44 am - My Town, NH
Not a bad day today, but definitely need to drink more! Breakfast: Nectar Fuzzy Navel protein powder mixed with CL Orange Sunrise Lunch: 2 oz deli turkey and 2 wedges Laughing Cow Lite cheese Snack: SF Black Cherry Jello Snack: 1 banana Dinner: Tried refried beans with cheese but for some reason they weren't sitting well so I switched to left over grilled shrimp. I think I ate about 3 ounces of shrimp and a 1/4 cup of cooked carrots. Snack: NSA Fudgsicle Need more water before bed! - Stephanie
BabyRuth2u
on 4/17/06 11:09 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Breakfast: Wasn't hungry, didnt want food so had a protein shake. 23 gm. and 1 tbs of unsweetened applesauce Lunch: 3 oz chili; 1/2 of a 3/4 oz cheese piece and one saltine cracker Dinner: 1/2 oz of lamb; 1 tbs unsweetened applesauce Eve: Tried a SF chocolate pudding. It tasted good at first, but after about 3 bites it seemed too strong for my stomach. So hubby finished it Had about 45 oz of water. Got another 16.9 oz bottle to go before bed. Took all my vitamins!
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/17/06 12:44 pm - Littlerock, CA
I get started eating too late in the day, I need to get to steppin' earlier. Once I get back to work I'll probably improve. B: Hot Cocoa mix w/IsoPure 1/2 choc peanutbutter shake L: 1 Mozarella cheese stick S: 4 soy crisps & 2 Tbs peanut butter D: 2 oz baked Salmon w 1 oz Asparagus S: 1 oz baked Salmon w 1 oz Asparagus Still need to get the rest of my water in, didn't take a walk today so my water intake is down, it's amazing to me how much I can drink during a walk now that I have a fannypack/hydration system.
jannineh99
on 4/17/06 12:51 pm - Melrose, MA
Well lets see had no motivation to eat until 1130 so that is when I had breakfast B-SF Strawberry Jello w/Coolwhip Free on top Lunch- 1 childrens bowl of watermelon about 3/4 of a cup Supper-half of a baked potatoe with pepper and LF sour cream mixed in...and FF parkey (butter)... Snack- going to have 4 oz of cottage cheese before bed Do these things sound ok to everyone...I just cannot get in six meals and the protein drinks if I have one I don't use the bathroom for 3 days on that note....Hope everyone has a great night.. Jannine
ooh-lala
on 4/17/06 1:07 pm - Great Bend, KS
Jannine, I cannot do the protein shakes either (because I cannot stand how they taste). But I am still getting in around 50 grams of protein a day because I concentrate on making protein the majority of every meal. Everything you ate today sounds really appetizing to me, but the protein count in all of these foods (except the cottage cheese) is almost nil. I am only posting this because you asked, so please do not be offended. I know it is difficult to eat at this point, but protein is very important to our bodies, to our weight loss and to our health. If you want to have the fruit and baked potato, allow yourself a very small portion in addition to some sort of protein with your meal. This is what I try to do. For example, I had 3 strawberries for breakfast with one ounce of low-fat cheese. For dinner I had chicken breast with a very small amount of summer squash (2 tbs.) Of course, you should only eat the foods approved by your surgeon (have to put this disclaimer on here). If you want to talk about this more, just send me an email. I am not perfect when it comes to my protein either, but I try my best to make the best choices I can each day. One thing that helps me is to pre-plan what I will eat for each meal and snack. Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views