any one else bothered by the AMOUNT of food others eat??

timsdanni
on 4/17/06 7:23 am - Ft Stewart, GA
it is starting to kind of bother me to see how much food other people eat - like if I see someone eat a whole 10 oz pork chop plus a big plate of food it is just like "gross how can you do that to yourself" am I just being really odd or what? Danni 372/327/170
Darlene X
on 4/17/06 8:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
It doesn't bother me yet.... I think later I may find it so strange how much other people eat--- BUT I live with my husband, who had WLS 7 months ago...so we both eat hardly anything. The only time I see others is at family dinners or out at restraunts... It wasn't so long ago I was eating huge plates and gorging myself....
miminjoey
on 4/17/06 8:28 am - Fort Bragg, NC
not yet but since my kids eat like birds anyway....now when hubby gets home on Wed...it may throw me for a loop...and with him being gone i haven't craved food...because the kids can live off stuff i hate...ramen noodles...but I'll actually have to cook meals when he gets here...not sure how that will go over. Mimi
cathelewis
on 4/17/06 8:57 am
Hi Danni, It doesn't really bother me, but it's interesting how my perspective has changed. Today was my first day back at work and I was astounded at how much my coworkers were eating. A whole sandwich! Plus fruit!!! Cathe
ddove74
on 4/17/06 9:57 am - Burbank, CA
Hi Danni: I find myself saying the same thing. Then you'll have those friends who feel awkward about eating their regular amount around you. They feel like they should be more conscientious of what they too are eating. I watched my BF eat a meal and was shocked at how much he threw down. I know this is bad, but I didn't want to eat anymore. I too feel odd about it, because I'm not trying to judge. I just know that I would be sick as a dog if I even tried to eat 1/8 of what others do. ~Danielle
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/17/06 10:10 am - Littlerock, CA
I wouldn't say I'm bothered by it, but I am surprised. I was right there in the "volume eater" catagory, I could really pack it away, now I'm still surprised every time I eat a tiny amount and am "full". It's wonderful and despite buying a few specialty items now I'm happy with how much my grocery bill has gone down.
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/17/06 10:22 am - My Town, NH
Danni, I think this is a natural reaction for us. I find myself unable to eat meals from regular sized dinner plates. They just seem to hold so much food! I try to remember that I was one of those people who ate huge plates of food; and it wasn't that long ago. I still experience my head fighting with my pouch and put too much food on my little plate. I wonder when your head catches up with your stomach. - Stephanie
timsdanni
on 4/17/06 12:57 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I am not trying to judge others - it is just weird b/c 6 weeks ago I could have finished off what i eat in a day in an hour easy and been looking for more I was just wondering if I was odd for being surprised by the amount of food people eat and resturants serve. I over order for my kids and hubby when I get food for them b/c I still have the mentallity of what they don't eat I can finish off for breakfast or snack - WHY???? who knows. I just wish my brain would catch up with my pouch danni 372/327/170
KerryP
on 4/17/06 8:27 pm - MA
I wont bother eating from regular dinner plates. Waste of space. A side plate does just well. I do look at the amount of food other people eat and remember, I used to eat that much. I'm not about to criticize or tell them what not to eat or how much to eat. I'm not on a mission for them, I'm on a mission for myself. I just hope the amount of food I put on my plate will inspire others around me not to eat as much.
jennl
on 4/17/06 1:46 pm - hampton, VA
Yes I am disguted by the amount my husband eats. He is eating fast food 2 to 3 times a day I think he is being spiteful. Then he brings in M&Ms eats a whole big bag by himself in one day. I do ask him if he wants me to make him something to eat. Jenn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views