Does your partner annoy you??

Heather_O
on 4/17/06 7:23 am - WI
Hi Everyone My husband Jerry has been annoying me so much lately because of the way he eats, he eats tons of bread, meat and potatoes (perferably fried) and we have been eating like that together for years and I know its not fair of me to expect him to change over night like I did after having surgery but when he complains that hes had to change his eating because of my surgery it makes me so mad because when I make him dinner the portions are slightly smaller but he still refuses to even try anything resembling a vegetable and thats already affecting our 2 yr old son Lucas who used to eat alot of veggies but now its such a struggle to just get a bite or two. Belive me I know I'm lucky to only have that to complain about concerning my hubby but it still bugs me its probably just my hormones going crazy from the weightloss. So whats annoying you??? Heather 316/239/140
Darlene X
on 4/17/06 8:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
They joy's of being married to another WLS patient LOL... we both eat the same.. hehe. No evil spouse eating junk infront of me.....
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/17/06 10:01 am - Littlerock, CA
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks my hormones are being affected by the surgery and weightloss. My hubby and many other people are just annoying me in general, I know it's because of my emotions. My hubby has actually started eating better and more carefully since my surgery. He had an extra 30 lbs on him and has already managed to lose about 15+ of that. What annoys me about that is how easy it is for him to take it off! Even with the surgery I'm not losing as easily as he is. MEN, you can't live with them, you can't shoot them. aaarrrggghhh!
Heather_O
on 4/18/06 5:46 am - WI
The past 7 months my hubby has been stepping up the amount he works out but still eats the way he does and the jerk has lost 48 lbs so far, why do they get to be so lucky? Hes making it very hard for me to catch up to him so that I'll finally weigh less then him (only 10 lbs more to go). And I agree that you can't shoot them because even though they drive us CRAZY there still the ones that make us feel great! And love us no matter what! Heather 316/238/140
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/17/06 10:17 am - My Town, NH
I've found myself so easily annoyed at work lately. It seems that everyone annoys me in one way or the other. That is just so NOT me! I think that my patience is limited quite often because I am tired. It's tough to go through your everyday routine when your body is going through all of these changes. And no one else can relate!!! I hope this passes soon! - Stephanie
Katie M.
on 4/18/06 1:27 am - East Petersburg, PA
I thought it was just me. I told my husband yesterday that "I am hanging on to my sanity by a thin thread!" and he just backed away slowly. I am ready to bite everyone's head off (coworkers, husband, kids, dog...) I think you're right about being tired. Everything seems worse when you're tired (I remember when I was nursing newborns, it was "the best of times and the worst of times" ha, ha.) It just takes a lot of time for your body to heal. It's hard to think that I'm still healing because my incisions are looking so good, but there's a lot of stuff going on inside. I hope it passes soon, too. -Katie
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/17/06 11:02 am - Littlerock, CA
I completely agree with you Stephanie, that's why I decided to take an extra week(s) off of work. It does make the budget tight but I just knew I'd be cranky and tired. I probably still will be tired, I'm lucky to have 1 girl that I work with just have WLS 5 months ago, so at least I will have someone who understands what I'm going through. Ingrid
KerryP
on 4/17/06 9:52 pm - MA
Not at all...Especially after what he said last night. We were in bed cuddling and ready to go to sleep when he finally asked me (for the first time since this journey started). How much weight have you lost. I told him 16 pounds. He said 'is that including the weight you lost before surgery' and I said 'Nope'. I wasn't sure, being half asleep, how much weight I lost in total. And he said to me......It shows. I went to bed with a big ole' smile on my face. Hubs always ate like a bird anyways, so his eating habbits don't bother me.
Heather_O
on 4/18/06 5:52 am - WI
Yeah I forgive my hubby alot when he says stuff like that
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/06 2:40 am - Baltimore, MD
My hubby tries to be sensitive about what he is eating and drinking around me so I am lucky about that. However..... he seems to always have some type of criticism on my food, water, and vitamin intake since I can't seem to get in enough and that truly gets on my nerves! He has no idea what it's like to be able to eat only ounces of food and feel full and not be hydrated enough b/c I can't get enough water in. We won't even talk about the protein......... So I understand the frustration. I also think my hormones are out of whack so that might be playing a part in it. Hang in there! Monica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views