problem with milk

miminjoey
on 4/16/06 11:46 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
A week or so ago I tried skim milk and I mixed it with carnation brekfast and it was fine...the last 3 days within 30 minutes it comes back up curdled(sp?)...and I just bought the milk..it's good. It comes back up something fierce. Saturday I thought it was the protein I added with it...yesterday it came up with boiled egg...today well it's the only thing I have but in my stomach at all and same thing...so I know it's the milk. I am on my 3rd outfit this morning and I haven't even left the house yet, anyone have a clue as to what's going on? Mimi
sparkles
on 4/17/06 12:35 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Mimi. Well I'd stop using that milk. It may still be "bad" even though its not. I'd buy another half gallon, see if it does the same thing. I know that some of us do become lactose intolerant after the surgery because of the way our body processes foods. I hope for your case that its not. Amy
Nadine O.
on 4/17/06 6:29 am - Baltimore, MD
I've been drinking soy milk since having surgery. It's not bad. You may want to try it. Nadine O.
timsdanni
on 4/17/06 7:16 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I curdled milk for about 2 weeks - it was not a happy thing nastyer than normal I just skipped milk for a while - tryed 2 oz thurs with BC powder on Thurs to help with a migraine and it helped and stayed down then had 2 oz like 2 or 3 times this weekend and it stayed down so lay off for a while and they try agian hope to see you thurs at the support meeting Danni
miminjoey
on 4/17/06 7:47 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Hey Danni...I will be there thursday I am going to bring all these shakes i have they I can't tolerate, and this pudding to . so if there is anything you want feel free to take it..not a lot, but like 3 of this one, 2 of that one kind of thing. I think I will just give the milk a break...it was such a easy way for me to get my protein in though the NUT is going to teach us how to read labels at this meeting. Lord knows I need help there. Mimi
KerryP
on 4/17/06 8:23 pm - MA
I have a wicked problem with milk. Had one in the past but now I can't even touch it (before the surgery I could atleast have a gulp or two every now and then). I found out that I was allergic to Boost - High Protein. Something about the milk protein being too harsh on my system. I can still have the whey protein powder. I guess whey is gentler on the system. I've been drinking strictly soy for about 2 years now. It takes a few days/weeks to get used to, but it's really really good once you do. Good Luck 266/249 Take care
miminjoey
on 4/17/06 10:59 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Thanks everyone...looks like maybe I'll be trying soy milk, but going to wait until hubby gets home...incase it makes me sick too. Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views