Mini Goals

Rilabie_Chime
on 4/14/06 8:02 am - Littlerock, CA
I've been wanting to start a thread on this subject and noticed that Patti Delano had already touched on it a few posts down (thank you Patti). I think it is really important to revel in our successes, to celebrate each and every one. For so many years we've beaten ourselves up over each gained pound, dispaired when we "failed" on yet another diet, and sometimes cried from frustration and anger over our lack of "control". Long term goals are wonderful, I need to write myself down a few more of them. But I don't see any reason we can't celebrate with mini goals, non-food rewards of course. So here are a few of mine, I'm going to keep them as inexpensive or free as possible with my tight budget. Some of my goals will be more important than others, so I may increase my "reward" accordingly. Under 200: A massage by my "I don't care how fat you feel, you still need a massage" RMT. While this one is a little more expensive (but where I live still very reasonable) reaching this goal is definitely worth it. Next 10 pounds: some new earrings Next 10 pounds: take a trip to LA zoo and walk around all day. 175: get a new exercise CD 170 (10 lbs since previous "next 10 pounds): ok see I already need suggestons. Please list some of your rewards for your mini-goals.
Beckers
on 4/14/06 9:55 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Go to a movie? Get a pedicure? Get a facial? Nails done? I have the same Under 200 goal as you I want a 1 hour massage as my reward when I get under 200 pounds! Rebecca M. 269/234/150
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/14/06 1:42 pm - Littlerock, CA
ooohhh, I will definitely have to add a couple of those to my goal rewards list. The pedicure and movie sound especially good! I'll have to find a good place for a facial too. Thanks!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/15/06 1:19 am - My Town, NH
I agree that mini goals are so important! I have a reward in place for one of my big goals of losing 100 pounds (from the start of my journey rather than my surgery date-though I will reward myself for that too!) and am happy that I have another 45 pounds to go before I can claim that reward. (It sparkles! ) I need to put some smaller rewards in place. When I reach 290 lbs - go to a movie with my husband and see if I am more comfortable in the seats! When I reach 280 lbs - schedule a summer weekend trip to Maine to a friend's family home. I haven't gone in recent years because I could never do anything but sit. (I'm assuming that I will reach 280 before the summer is over! I sure hope that happens!) It will only cost us gas, which if the prices skyrocket like they say they will could be substantial! When I reach 270 - I love the new CD idea! When I reach 260 - have my car washed and detailed! That will be about $40 but so worth it. When I reach 250 - I will have lost 100 pounds from the start of the journey and will be able to wear my new family ring that my husband had made for me! When I reach 240 - I want that massage you are talking about! That's probably plenty for now. Thanks for posting this. I feel like I have some concrete goals and rewards now! - Stephanie
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/15/06 5:13 am - Littlerock, CA
that family ring sounds so lovey, how sweet of the hubby! the car wash sounds good too, I already have some pre-paid tickets too so it won't cost anything but it does feel good to leave with a sparkling clean car. I also have a BIG reward planned when (not if, when) I reach my goal weight. Ingrid
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/15/06 12:14 pm - My Town, NH
Ingrid, what's your big reward? If it's a secret, you don't have to share! I hope it's fun and will help you celebrate. It's so hard to imagine being at goal. Or, for that matter, even close to goal! - Stephanie
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/15/06 12:32 pm - Littlerock, CA
As long as my skin is not too saggy, I'm planning on getting a tattoo on my back, it will end up taking up my whole back but I will have it done in sections. I know some people don't like tattoos, I already have 3 of them, one on my solar plexus (the Dr. kindly put the trocar sight right underneath it), I'm really looking forward to more.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views