3 Weeks Out Today

Rilabie_Chime
on 4/14/06 2:47 am - Littlerock, CA
3 weeks ago today we were just getting read to leave for the hospital, it seem like so much time has passed, not just 3 weeks. I've lost 15 lbs since surgery. I've lost 28 lbs since first starting with my preop nutrition and pre-surgical liquid diet. I MADE IT! As of this morning I weigh 199.0, wooohooo Onderland! After more than 2 years I'm back, I am sooo happy! All has been pretty good, no surgical complications. I have felt VERY emotional since the surgery, I will cry at the drop of a hat at nothing, when I do cry I don't feel particulary, happy or sad, I just cry, lol. I have found out Refried Beans and cheese are not well tolerated by me. They make me feel bloated and uncomfortably full for hours no matter how little of them I eat, so I will have to find a replacement meal, not an easy task with our limited supply of choices. Once week 6 arrives the options my surgeon gave me increase quite a bit, so that should make it easier. I'm doing pretty good getting all my liquids in, I've found a protien shake or two that is tolerable, and I'm doing well with getting all my vitamins in although I will find myself short a calcium carbonate on occasion (it can be difficult to spread those supplements out correctly). All in all I'm pretty happy with the way things have gone so far, I certainly have no room to complain especially with some of the horrible complications I have seen some people post about. I'm excited to be going through these changes, and I'm thrilled to have all of you, 2006 MARCHers to be going through it with! Thank you all for your posts, your opionions and your support. Ingrid P.S. One day soon, I will put a picture up, I love to see what you guys look like, I should return the gift.
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/15/06 12:44 am - My Town, NH
Hi Ingrid. Time does seem to fly sometimes. Other times it crawls! Before we know it we'll be six months out and then a year! Sometimes I wish I could fast-forward to a year and see how I feel and what I look like. Congratulations for hitting onderland! That's so wonderful and I'm so proud of you. I won't get there for quite a while, but I will be dancing once I see my weight begin with the number one. Congratulations and continued success! - Stephanie
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/15/06 1:40 am - Littlerock, CA
Thank you Stephanie I know what you mean, it would be nice to fast-forward, especially at those times were feeling a little (or a lot) down.
Jaydeez63
on 4/15/06 8:54 am - CA
Ingrid, Congrats..I was hoping to be onederland by this weekend also, but am going through a stall of no losing since Tuesday. It will happen in time...but I am soooo happy for you!! Thanks for motivating me to use my pedometer. I didn't sign up, but I am getting 12,000+ steps per day in.
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/15/06 10:29 am - Littlerock, CA
wow, 12,000 steps + a day! Very nice. I had to take a break Friday and only did a little over 6,000 steps today (Saturday) as I twisted my foot at the end of my walk on Thursday. Fortunately it's not too bad, I iced it and my walk today was mostly pain free. Good luck on hitting One-derland soon! Ingrid
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views