Carbs??

mebesonya1
on 4/13/06 10:43 am - Murphy, TX
So I am now 4 weeks post ops....how many carbs should we be taking in a day?
Darlene X
on 4/13/06 10:49 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Depends on your surgeon and their plan. My surgeons plan wants us to get 100-120g of carbs a day--- GOOD carbs, from veggies, beans, whole grains... complex carbs... not from crackers, white bread etc.... That is the final goal though (3-6 months out)--- there is no way I could make 100g carbs yet. Some people are extremely carb-a-phobic. There is a lady at our support group who is that way, she tries to avoid carb's at all costs... kind of an Atkins way of thinking. I dieted most on the South Beach Diet, which teaches you the difference between good carbs and bad carbs, so Im not afraid of carb's at all-- I know how to use them in a healthy way, which is what my surgeon and nutritionist want.
Sandra S.
on 4/15/06 9:54 am - Mountain Home, ID
Hello! I spoke to my nutritionist about carbs also and told her that my favorite, favorite snack was cheese and crackers. I love whole wheat crackers so she told me to try Ak-Mak, 100% whole wheat stone ground crackers. These are totally acceptable because they are whole wheat and a GOOD carb!! I found them at a huge grocery chain(WinCo) we have here in Idaho. They come in a little yellow box with Ak-Mak in teal colored lettering. And one serving is 5 of these huge crackers! They are about 4 inches long by about 1 inch wide. Nutrition Facts are as follows: 1 Serving=5 crackers, Cal=116 Cal from fat=20 Total Fat 2.27g Sat fat= 0.48 g Cholesterol=0 Sodium=213.55 mg Total Carbs=19 g Dietary fiber=3.5, (remember, you can subtract dietary fiber from total carbs!) Sugars=2.28g Proteins=4.61 g And the best part?? They are actually GOOD TASTING!! I'm soo glad I found these crackers because they are my all time favorites now!! Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views