Am I being realistic?

goldloxx
on 4/14/06 12:35 pm - Glendale, CA
I went back to work after two weeks. I felt great after one week but the staples bugged me and wearing clothes was annoying. I had lap rny exactly three weeks ago today. I was tired by afternoon - 3 or 4:00 - but worked through it.
Beckers
on 4/14/06 1:02 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
HeyChickee- If you are having Lap RNY, then I think 2 weeks is plenty of time. I really could have returned within a week-10 days... but got 2 1/2 weeks off, and I feel great I'm a teacher, and I return to work Monday (in a couple days), and my only worry is whether I will drink enough protein/fluids during the day while teaching/talking/duty, etc... I'm going to have my kids chant, "SIP SIP SIP" to me if they see me slacking Rebecca M. 269/234/150
MsKeara
on 4/15/06 1:31 am - Baldwin, WI
Hello! It really depends on how you feel. I had lap RNY and felt like I could go back to work in 10 days. However, I was still having problems getting the protien in so out of the blue I would get dizzy and fuzzy headed. Once that cleared, I was okay again. The only other problem was fatigue. I got tired very fast. I've been off without pay for the entire 3 weeks. I went back to work on Friday (4-14). My next day off is not until the end of May. Gotta make up the income somehow. I spent my last week working on ways to get in the extra protien and rebuilding my stamina. I hope it paid off because the ball has already started rolling! Do what feels right for you. If you think you are ready, go for it just pay close attention to what your body is telling you. Good luck and let us know how it goes! MsKeara
bobsmissy
on 4/15/06 8:51 am
Hi! I own my own business which is some ways made it harder-I had to go back after 10 days but only worked part time for the first week back. I am doing full time now but am totally exhausted by 3-4 o'clock. I have been concedrned about that but I guess that is normal. It has been just a litttle over 3 weeks and I expected to have a lot more energy by now. Are there more of you that tire easily?
Sheri D.
on 4/17/06 1:14 am - On the edge of, SD
I had my surgery on 3/14 (lab RNY). I planned to go back after 2 weeks - I too have a desk job. I went back on a Tuesday and only worked 1/2 days that week. The next week, I was having some difficulties with one of my incision sites, so only worked 1/2 days that week also because of the pain issues. Last week was my first full week back to normal. I went back to excersising at the gym and doing a lot of walking. Don't ru**** but you should be able to do OK if you don't push too hard.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views