Seriously- 2 weeks of clear liquids- anyone else done it?

penthilisea
on 4/13/06 4:19 am - Milford, NJ
I'm loooosing my mind. It's been a week since I got home, and I have till Tuesday on clears and I am going nuts. All I can have is SF applejuice, SF decaf ice tea, Splenda sweetened Decaf hot tea w.lemon, chicken broth, beef brot, SF ice pops etc. Today I am BEGGING my mom to go get some french onion soup- I'll just drink the liquid! Has anyone else done this long on clears? Any ideas for what else I can have? Right now I'm so sick of it all I'm not getting in NEARELY enough fluids. I need to do something - I;m soooooo scared of being hospitalized for dehydration! I live 2 hours from the hosp. I had my surgery at!
ooh-lala
on 4/13/06 5:14 am - Great Bend, KS
I was on clear liquids for one week and full liquids for the next two. I was sick of anything with flavor in it by day 3 post-op so I mostly drank water during clear liquids. I wasn't hungry anyway, I just wanted to stay hydrated. I didn't eat much during the full liquid stage either for the same reason. It will get better, I promise. I thought I was going to dehydrate and end up back in the hospital, but as soon as I stopped trying to drink things that were flavored and started just drinking water, I was getting in between 80-100 oz a day. Laura
Sandra S.
on 4/13/06 5:33 am - Mountain Home, ID
Same with me! I found it much easier to just drink water for my liquids. Crystal Lite started to make me queasy after the first 2 days. I found a water bottle at WalMart with a top that is spill proof, (like a toddlers sippee cup!) and it holds 22 oz. So I know if I drink at least 3 of those I'm good. WoW, 2 weeks on clear liquids is brutal! Just remember, it's not forever!! You're almost there! Sandy
sparkles
on 4/13/06 5:44 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I'm not on clear liquids, but full liquids. I've found NSA fudgecicles.. and they are YUMMY!!! Between those and the popcicles, They will keep you hydrated. You'll be fine! Keep it up!
miminjoey
on 4/13/06 5:52 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I was on liquids for 3 weeks...I did egg drop soup...but I strained the mushrooms and carrots off. Did they say if you could do cremed soups...I did cream of chicken as well. Just hang in there...tuesday will be here before you know it! Mimi
bettyc
on 4/13/06 8:14 am - Covington, LA
I only had clear liquids 1 week but some things my NUT sugggested was frenchonior soup strained, chicken noodle soup strained, fat free sugar free fudgecicles. Some of this has more flavor. Good luck Be strong and positive--bj
Kylie S
on 4/13/06 9:52 pm - Melba, Australia
Yep I have done this and more. I was on nil by mouth for 5 days following op, then spent the next 3 weeks on clear fluids (luckily though this included fruit juice), and now I am on full fluids and will probably be on this for at least another week before gradually introducing yoghurt and cottage cheese then purees into my diet. Every doc is different, but at least this way our bodies are given a chance to heal before we introduce too much. Its not easy and I have to say i want some crunch factor NOW and bread, omg I miss bread, but I havent gone through this for nothing, so I am trying to stay strong. Good luck and remember you aren't alone. Cheers Kylie
cathelewis
on 4/13/06 10:57 pm
I was only on clear liquids for a week, and it was more than enough for me. I can't even look at the box of chicken broth in the fridge. I started adding some herbs to season the broth, and that made it more tolerable. What was even better was getting real soup like french onion or egg drop and only eating the broth. Tasted so much better and I didn't have to gag it down. Have you tried Propel water? It was a lot easier for me to drink than plain water at first. Hang in there. This will end soon! Cathe
Tisha C.
on 4/15/06 11:44 am - Signal Hill, CA
I was on clear liquids for 1 week, full liquids for the next week and then on to pureed/mashed foods for week 3 and 4. I'm barely rounding out the end of week 3 and am looking forward to week 5 when I can have a little bit of peanut butter and crackers!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views