Might have found an ok protein..

Darlene X
on 4/13/06 1:54 am - Maricopa, AZ
Those Profect protein vials are expensive, way too expensive for me..... Plus I saw a vial at support group, its HUGE-- the website makes them look like these little small easy vials... where as they are really big LOL
jennb40
on 4/13/06 2:57 am - Nashua, NH
The product I have found that I absolutely love is: Unjury in either chocolate and vanilla - 1 scoop has 20 grams protein, mix it with 8 oz. of Simply Smart milk (or whatever your area of the country calls it) and the 8 oz. of milk has 10 grams of protein. So for 8 oz. you are getting 30 grams of protein. Then after shaking it up, I divide it half and put it in a bowl and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Later I put the other half in the freezer. It is like fudgesicle consistency and is nice and cold and is like eating some type of ice cream - no after taste at all. I like the chocolate as well as the vanilla. You have to order unjury on line - www.unjury.com, but it sure is good. It comes in about 2-3 days by UPS. Right now I am only using a 1/2 order (4 oz.) as that is 15 gr of protein and am getting the rest of my protein through food. It is better than anything else I have tried. I actually look forward to my protein snack! Barbara
AZGirl
on 4/13/06 5:38 am - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
The trick with the Isopure in the glass bottles is to mix it with water. Out nutritionist did tell us that drinking it straight is probably not an option for most of us at this point. If you do it this way, it doesn't taste too sweet and it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. I think the Icy Orange and Grape Frost taste like Kool-Aid and these taste the best to me. I am required to drink one 20 oz. bottle (40 g protein) per day. I mix 1/3 of the bottle with 16 oz of water and I do this three times per day. Doing this coupled with my food, I am getting 60+ grams of protein per day. Plus, I am meeting my water requirements, as the Isopure counts towards water. The thing with Ispoure is that you need to find "your flavor". Everyone has different tastes when it comes to these. Even the guy at GNC told me this. A lot of people like the Apple-Melon, but I don't like melon, so this would not be an option for me. Also, drinking plain water still hurts a little and it cramps my "stomach". For now, the Isopure mixed with water is the only way I can meet my water requirements without it hurting. Joanne
Katie M.
on 4/14/06 1:17 am - East Petersburg, PA
I am having the same problem with getting the protein in. Have tried all samples and all are "yucky"! The only thing I can handle is Carnation Instant Breakfast sugar-free for the carb conscious. I do one packet with 8 oz skim milk and a scoop of beneprotein unflavored protein powder. Whiz up in my Magic Bullet blender... have to really mix or the beneprotein leaves little clear blobs (yuck). Anyway its 18 g protein per shake. (12g CIB and milk, 6g beneprotein.) I'll give the bars a try. Thanks for the suggestion. Hope you find something you like! (I'm also considering some of the "protein ball recipes" off of the recipe forum. Anybody ever try them this soon after surgery?) Blessings, Katie Moser
-Tracey-
on 4/14/06 1:41 pm - Oblong, IL
My dietician suggested using a couple ounces of juice with the isopure clear drinks. It made a HUGE DIFFERENCE! It does not leave such a filmy aftertaste in your mouth, and it doesn't take much juice at all. I like Grape Frost and Blue Raspberry, both with a little bit of SF grape juice. I agree that you have to find the right flavor, because your tastes sure do change after surgery. I have also had success with the Nectar products. I have used the Strawberry Daquari, Fuzzy Navel, and Caribbean Cooler ones. I mix it with 4 oz of V8 Fusion in the corresponding flavor and add about 8 oz water. I don't like it thick at all, so this is what works for me. As for the protein bars, we were not allowed to use them during the first four weeks, and I am still not allowed to until the next diet sheet, which will be down the road a bit. I tried a lot of shake recipies but they were too thick and gritty for me!
Katie M.
on 4/18/06 1:19 am - East Petersburg, PA
I just discovered the isopure drinks this weekend, and they are an improvement! I mix them with light (splenda) cran apple and crystal light. I'll have to try the SF grape juice, thanks for the suggestion! Drink, drink, drink. Hope you're having a liquidy day! Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views