Might have found an ok protein..

Darlene X
on 4/12/06 10:36 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Everything Ive tried is disgusting. Don't get me started on shakes/drinks LOL I tried Power Crunch Bars--- everyone raves about them.. *GAG* horrible after taste!!! I bought some South Beach Diet meal replacement bars last night.... 2oz, 210 calories, 19g protein, 1g sugar. I tried a little slice, and it wasn't so bad... no nasty protein after taste. Im gonna try spread a whole bar out over today and see how I do... I deffinately need to be getting more protein than I am....
Sandra S.
on 4/13/06 1:04 am - Mountain Home, ID
I totally HEAR you about the protein shake thing! I was in the chat room yesterday and somebody was giving me grief about only being 15 days postop and already complaining about the protein shakes! It really made me upset! Yes, I'm tired of them only because I've only tried one brand and am not happy with it. I have ordered the Nectar Caribbean Cooler but it hasn't arrived yet. I think my whole thing is the thickness. I want something lighter and more "juice" like... I have to confess, that even though I'm on the full liquid diet, I've cheated only to get some chewing practice in! I get a little piece of cheddar cheese and chew, chew chew until it's obliterated in my mouth. I guess it's ok because I'm blending it in my mouth instead of a blender, right?? But back to the protein; I know I'm not getting enough in either, and must get back into the protein shakes. Just remember, this too shall pass and we will find something palatable enough to get that protein in our bodies! Sandy
Darlene X
on 4/13/06 1:13 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ugh Ive tried sooo much stuff---- all the proteins are thick, sweet, smell horrible and taste worse... Ive gone through so many different brands. I was given a TON of samples, and so far NOTHING. I tried the nectar juice type things (Fuzzy Navel, Roadside lemonade..... wasn't as thick, but was super sweet, the first few sips were ok and then a strong strong awful aftertaste... Ive tried the Isopure stuff, DISGUSTING! I LOVED Vanilla Very Berry before surgery and was soooo hopeful--- Nope, tried it after and it made me gag. I know Im not getting enough protein... Im trying to work on it. Im really hopefull about the South Beach Bars... I can probably get about 40-50g from food, and if I can eat a bar, that would boost me to 60-70g, and give me some of those extra calories I need right now too. **Fingers Crossed**
missandreab
on 4/13/06 2:22 am - Cornwall, Canada
Isopure has these drinks, not shakes, that are clear and yummy. I had Apple Melon and a Grape. All they need is a little vodka and we would be set! LOL The only problem with them was that they seemed to take a layer of skin off my mouth...not sure if that was the drink or the fact that I had been dehydrated in the hospital. You can get the drinks at GNC stores. Good luck. Andrea from Ontario Canada
AZGirl
on 4/13/06 5:41 am - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Andrea, I agree....these are the best of what is out there. And 40g protein per bottle packs a huge punch. I mix mine with water, otherwise it is a little too sweet. The Grape and Orange are my favorite! Joanne
miminjoey
on 4/13/06 5:54 am - Fort Bragg, NC
UPS delivered mine today.....I am drinking the grape frost right now...IT IS SOOOOO GOOOD! It does taste like Gatorade....best thing I have found so far and at 40gm of protein in 20oz...I can drink 1 a day!!!
Beckers
on 4/13/06 1:17 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Sandy- Are you not approved by your doctor for the "Soft Foods" diet yet? I had my surgery 1 day after you, and I've been allowed to eat cheese, eggs, tuna, soft fish, yogurt, etc. for over a week now... I don't think you are "cheating" by having a piece of cheese Darlene- Have you tried ISOPURE's clear protein drink? Its like gatorade, in a clear glass bottle, 40 g Protein in a 20 oz. bottle. I really like the taste, and its thirst quenching, IMHO. Yesterday I got 83 g of Protein down!! WOOOHOOO! I was so thrilled. And only 603 calories total for the day... I was diligent about keeping a food journal and measuring all my liquids. I don't like drinking out of cans that you can't see through, so I pour drinks into sports bottles that show the ounce marks, and keep track of how many ounces I'm drinking. (Before, I couldn't tell how many ounces I was drinking) Rebecca M. 269/234/150
Darlene X
on 4/13/06 1:20 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yup, see above post--- The Ispoure stuff has such a bad aftertaste... can't do those either... I bought several before surgery, all Blahhhhh
BabyRuth2u
on 4/13/06 5:39 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I'm gagging down a few ounces of the Isopure drink as I type. I ran out of my protein samples, ordered new stuff in full size but it hasnt gotten here yet! UGH! I need protein!!!! I've been trying to eat some stuff higher in protein but for the past three days no shakes. I tried another local stuff but it smells rancid and just turns my stomach. I had seen this posted about Isopure several times and then saw it was at GNC so grabbed a few bottles last night. Looked yummy, but as you mention the after tastes sucks! It is ok at first sip but then gets you. I hope my order comes tomorrow!
Sandra S.
on 4/13/06 1:27 am - Mountain Home, ID
Rebecca, He told me to blend everything I had, but I have been eating eggs, (scrambled and poached), and tuna mixed with grated eggs and lite mayo...haven't tried fish yet, but have some talapia and perch in the freezer, may have to try that. I figure if I chew it well enough, it's as good as blending it, right? And I have been eating yogurt and puddings also. I guess in hindsight I'm not doing too bad, huh? Thanks for the encouragement! Darlene, I looked at the banner for the Proteca Protein Vials; have you checked into those yet? Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views