IMHO - What's happening when we stall?

Joanna C.
on 4/12/06 8:01 am - Miami, FL
Hi Marchers, Here's my take from personal experience. I'm the one that posted 17 days post op a little over a week ago that I had stalled. Well, here's what happened. Week 1 = -14 lbs Week 2 = - 5 lbs Week 3 = ZERO lost Week 4 = - 3 lbs Week 5 = ZERO so far But, I measured my waist, bicep, forearm, hips, thigh, and calf at the beginning of week 3 when I spent a few days without losing a pound then. I measured my waist again at the end of the 3rd week. I had lost an astounding 2 inches off my waist in that time!!! Then, I did the same at the end of week/beginning of week 5 when I stopped losing weight. With 5 days to go in the week, I've already lost another 1.5 inches off my waist! So, my observation is that our weight loss effort is working like a seesaw. When we "see", we see the weight coming off on the scale - when we "saw" we can measure the fat coming off our bodies as the inches decrease. I think our bodies take a moment to reorganize and reshape by taking a breather after we lose a few pounds. I'm okay with that - at least I am now conditioned to look for the subtle changes. I weigh myself every day so I can see how my weight is fluctuating, and I can see when I'm heading into a stall so I can pull out the tape measure. It sure works for my sanity!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/12/06 10:06 am - My Town, NH
Joanna, Thanks for this post! I do measure, but only monthly. Perhaps I would freak out less if I measured weekly and could see the inches dropping when the pounds are not going anywhere. Great idea! Thanks! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views