So who is stalling?

Darlene X
on 4/12/06 1:29 am - Maricopa, AZ
So most of us are around 3-5 weeks, and thats when a lot of people stall first... So who out there is stuck? LOL I lost 37lbs the first 2 weeks.... Ive been stalled at 301 for the last week.... I know it's normal, so Im not worrying.... But just curious who else out there is glaring at there scale, or trying to "will" it to move hahaha
Sheri D.
on 4/12/06 1:44 am - On the edge of, SD
I am four weeks out from surgery and am having a hard time making that scale move. Lost 29 lbs. in the first 3 weeks. I bought a new one last night, I have lost a pound in the last week so hope it is going to start to move again.
robinsaxton
on 4/12/06 2:26 am - Columbia, MD
I am at a stall this week. I lost about 25 lbs in 3 weeks so I know it was time. I don't get enough protein or fluids in. I am having a hard time drinking since I can't just sip all day at work. I am not allowed to have anything to drink in front of customers and we have customers all the time. I do try and sneak in a sip or two about every half hour or so. But I know that's not enough. I will weight at the hospital tomorrow so I'll see then what has happened with my weight this week. Robin
Darlene X
on 4/12/06 4:49 am - Maricopa, AZ
OMG that must be really hard!! How are you fitting time in for water and eating??? Im lucky that I can eat and drink all day while at work--- desk job Im not getting enough protein either, fluids I normally get my 64oz, so I think Im ok there. Im sure we will start moving again very soon
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/06 3:06 am - AZ
I've stalled at -30 pounds. The scale hasn't moved in a week. I'm getting my protein, calories, fluids (although some days I have to work really hard to get the fluids in) and exercising. Last night I went to the gym and even used the EVIL elliptical machine. I'm hoping that upping the exercise will shock my body a bit and start the scale moving downward again. I know I'm doing everything right but it's so hard to have patience!! Elizabeth
Nadine O.
on 4/12/06 3:49 am - Baltimore, MD
I've lost a total of about 24 lbs. over the past 5 weeks. I havn't been getting in all the water I need. If I had, I probabaly would have lost more by now. I don't plan to weigh myself until I go back to the Dr. in June. I know I'll get depressed if the scale isn't moving as fast as I want it. Nadine O.
Darlene X
on 4/12/06 4:48 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thats a good idea.... the scale is evil LOL My husband only weighed like once or twice a month --- mostly because he was forced to because he was too heavy for a regular scale and had to go to the hospital. I am weighing daily, even tho I said I wouldnt--- once I start getting discouraged I'll go to weekly weighing
BabyRuth2u
on 4/12/06 5:07 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Me Me Me Me! I thought I was the only one. LOL I have been trying not to let it bother me, but deep down it is starting to. It's been like 4 maybe 5 days now that I'm at the same weight, the scale was even up 1 to 2 lbs one day and then back to where I'm STILL at. I know that my initial weightloss and the pre-op weightloss added to a lot, so it had to stall soon. But WHY? LOL Not yet, a few more then it can stall. I guess by time we're done asking and realizing we've stalled it will kick back in? My husband thinks maybe I'm not eating enough. I've been trying to measure 4 oz, but depending on what the food is, I can't always finish. ie: I made orange roughy the other night. Love it, but for some reason it was a bit tougher than normal. I think we over cooked it a bit, which is a shame since we tried not to over cook it. LOL But it was harder to chew, had to chew long time to be sure it was mushy enough. I think out of the 3 plus oz I put on plate, then some zucchini, I ate 1.5 oz of it. So that and a little zucchini wasnt much of a dinner. Had I eaten all the oz. of fi**** would have been like 21 gm protein which I need. I'm having a hard time getting enough protein in. I do two shakes which come out to like 46, but the foods dont total to much at all. 6gm here, 3 gm here, doesnt cut it. So I need the things like fish but its just too much to eat. OMG, do you believe i just said too much to eat? LOL Here's to our stalls, unstalling and getting it's butt in gear.
ddove74
on 4/12/06 6:01 am - Burbank, CA
I am! I'm so glad you wrote this e-mail, because I didn't want to (hahaha). I've lost about 40 lbs in the past 6 weeks. I have been at the same weight for almost a week now. What's going on in our bodies that we are all stalling. The good thing is knowing that I'm not the only one and this is obviously normal. I just knew that something wasn't right and the tool wasn't working for me anymore We just have to hang in there and know that we will begin losing very shortly. ~Danielle
Shana M.
on 4/12/06 6:37 am - KY
K, I'm stalling and have been for it seems the last week and a half. It's depressing! I thought I was starting to lose again and then that pound I lost showed back up! I called my NUT today and this is what she told me. Most people stall out right now while their body gets used to the changes it's had to absorb lately. She said you might even notice your clothes start getting baggy and you are losing inches even though no weight. Sometimes you will lose weight so fast your body will take a week or two to get itself together and start back on the losing streak again. Some people do this continuously for the entire time. I have noticed inshes going down, but no weight loss. I'm just going to keep on trying to get everythig in and hope I start dropping again soon! SLM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views