Hello new to this board

MsKeara
on 4/12/06 9:53 am - Baldwin, WI
Hi Sherry, Welcome to the board. I can certainly understand the protein problem. I put the same question out there just a few days ago and got a lot of good suggestions. I was doing the whey protein shakes. They don't taste bad I just don't like shakes. I ordered the Protica Protien vials. They are due to arrive tomorrow so I can't tell you what they taste like but at less than three ounces, I'll choke it down it I have too. I also wanted to say, never be embarrased to talk to your nut. You see them for suggestions and help. Not just for them to pat you on the back and say you're doing a good job. Use them. That is why you are paying them. I didn't read the other post yet so I also wanted to ask what you are eating that's getting stuck. My surgery was only 5 days after yours and I'm still on full liquids. I will not be able to actually chew anything (other than vitamins) for another month. At any rate, Good luck and once again, welcome to the board. You really will find good information and wonderful support here. MsKeara
Beckers
on 4/12/06 10:44 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Welcome to the Marchers, Sherry!! This board is such a support for all of us, I'm so glad to be a part of it. GET THE PROTEIN in ya!! Lose weight, not hair Rebecca M. 269/237/150
sexysweetsweet69
on 4/12/06 12:04 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Thank you all for your support.
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/12/06 12:05 pm - Littlerock, CA
Hi, welcome to the group. We seem to all be going through the same things at the same time. Hardship shared is hardship divided not multiplied. Isn't it nice to come here and be able to share the hard moments as well as the great?
Joanna C.
on 4/12/06 12:40 pm - Miami, FL
Hi Sweety, Welcome to the group! It's great to have someone more to share with. I'm the tolerant of the bunch apparently, when it comes to protein. I thoroughly enjoy EAS AdvantEdge Low-carb shakes in French Vanilla and Chocolate Fudge. They are sold in supermarkets in packs of four and they absolutely taste like McDonald milkshakes. Even my kids and my husband like the taste of these. They have 15 grams of protein each. I purchased Isopure Zero Carb Protein mix in vanilla flavor from Bariatric Advantage (there are other vendors as well). It mixes completely (smoothly - no grit and no smell). I mix it in 8 oz skim milk and I put a tablespoon of General Foods International Coffees S/F French Vanilla or Swiss Mocha Cafe - those little rectangular tins in the coffee isles at the supermarkets - and I have an Iced Capucchino every morning worth 50 grams of protein for the mix and another 8 for the milk. It really tastes pretty good. You need to be honest with your physicians and your NUT. To help you chew your food better, cut it in baby pieces - the size you would feed to a 6-month old trying solid foods for the first time. That way, if you can't chew it well enough, it's still small enough to be swallowed without getting stuck. You can eat several of these tiny pieces at once so you actually have a mouthful, but the individual size of the pieces are harmless. Good luck to you...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views