What vitamins are you taking?

Nadine O.
on 4/11/06 11:01 pm - Baltimore, MD
Good Morning All I have been ordering the Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate and the multivitamin from my nutritionist. But the calcium is $10 for 60 tablets and the multivitamin is $18 for 60 tablets. I'm suppose to be taking 3 each a day. I was planning to take the viactive chews but the nutritionist told me they can cause kidney stones. I found the 325 mg ironsulfate and the B12 for a reasonable price so I know I should be able to get the calcium citrate and the multivitamin at a more reasonale rate. It seems like Bariatric Advantage is taking advantage. Any suggestions? Nadine O.
penhail53
on 4/11/06 11:44 pm - LsSueur, MN
Hi My husband had the Rny last year and I am just 14 days out we had our surgery done @ two differn't hospitals and the same advice for vit. and calcium They suggested flintstone complete but but said to get any geneic (sp) @ walmart it does the same thing and much cheaper. They also said B-12 we get that @ Walmart and Citracal calcium citrate@ WalMart Thank the Lord for Walmart!!!!!!!!!! hope this helps Jan
Nadine O.
on 4/12/06 12:22 am - Baltimore, MD
Thanks for the help. Nadine O.
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/11/06 11:57 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Nadine. I also get my vitamins at Wal-Mart. I think the brand name is Spring Valley or something. I buy the Iron and B-12 as well as the Spring Valley Calcium Citrate chews. I purchase the Wal-Mart brand of the children's chewable multi-vitamin which is the same thing as Flinstones Complete. I haven't had any labs done yet so I hope these vitamins are sufficient. Hope this helps, Stephanie
Nadine O.
on 4/12/06 12:32 am - Baltimore, MD
I havn't had my labs done yet either. I'm going tomorrow. I'm scheduled for my 3 month post-op in June. I have to have lab work done then, too. I'll run out of the vitamins I just ordered in 3 weeks, so I'll get the one's from Walmart then. I'll take a chance and compare the labs from this month with the ones I take in June. Thanks a bunch Nadine O.
robinsaxton
on 4/12/06 2:29 am - Columbia, MD
I take the Centrum adult chewable's twice a day. I haven't started the b-12 yet. I have heard that the sublingual is great. How much of the b-12 do you take? I saw them on 500 mm and 5000mm. I just don't know how much to take. I won't get to see my Dr. or the nutritionist until May so I don't know what they would recommend. I love the walmart prices too. Robin
Nadine O.
on 4/12/06 4:22 am - Baltimore, MD
I left my bottle home. I'm not sure of the mg. I was told to take one sublingual every other day. I think the Nutritionist's tweek the dosages as you go along, depending on the lab results Nadine O.
MsKeara
on 4/12/06 4:30 am - Baldwin, WI
Hi Nadine! I also take the Flintstone Complete chewables. They aren't the best tasting things in the world so I just take them first thing in the morning on the way to the bathroom then brush my teeth. Problem solved. My B12 comes from GNC but I think I'll give walmart a try. Actually, I have a year supply so I'll just stick with what I have for now. The only thing I'm ordering at this point is the Protica Protien vials. Everything else is local and relatively cheap.
Nadine O.
on 4/12/06 4:35 am - Baltimore, MD
Thanks. I heard the Protica Protein vials are good. Nadine O.
BabyRuth2u
on 4/12/06 5:28 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Ok ready? Seems like I'm taking alot more than everyone else here. Now, these aren't doctor prescribed, just from a friend with a lot of experience with vitamins and who's done a lot of research on deficiences etc. They can't hurt to be taking, so better safe than deficient. Multi Vitamin 2x day - Costco Brand Flinstone equiv. B-12 500mcg sublinquial 2x day - got them at Walmart Biotin 1000 mcg 1x day Magnesium 250 mg 1x day (I took this before surgery for leg cramps, I seemed to get a lot of charley horses. Since surgery I have seen posts that magnesium was also good to help you with BM's. So I'm going to continue with it). Iron 18 (as ferrous fumarate) GNC - this brand recommended by doc office, but ordered the Tender Iron from vitalady.com, waiting on that to come in. Vitamin C 500 mg 1x day - from Walmart Chewable Calcium 600 - GNC brand. Recommended by doc office, but have since ordered from vitalady.com the powdered calcium to add to foods. This GNC one is so big, supposed cherry flavor but just the smell of it turns my stomach. I do one every other day or so. Can't wait for my order to get here! Once my iron and calcium get here, I'll be upping those to 2 a day. I want to wait for first blood work to decide on excactly how much iron. I've heard that on the iron (not sure if it's just with Tender Care Iron) or not, but if you are bypassed 150 cm then you need to take like 6 a day of those. OMG! So we shall see. I'll up it to two when I start taking it and then go from there. So all of those in addition to the zantac and actigall we need to take for 6 months. It makes for a bit of a depressing morning sometimes when I get up, thinking of all the pills I have to take again today! But I do it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views