Celiac Disease

ToniBinct
on 4/11/06 9:49 am - CT
When I was pre op and had my endoscopy the Dr. took some biopsies and told me that I was positive for celiac disease. I was just wondering if anyone else discovered the same thing. At first the surgeon wasn't sure I was a candidate for GBP because celiac is a malabsorptive disorder. The GI Dr.then told her now that I was eating the proper foods I would probably gain weight.So....I had surgery on 3/5 and am actually having more trouble with the celiac diet than the GBP diet. There is wheat or gluten in everything! The pre natal vitamins the surgeon prescribed have gluten as a filler soy asuce has wheat ARGHHH.... Just venting. Thanks for listening. Toni
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/11/06 11:18 am - Littlerock, CA
No, I have never even heard of it before. No wheat products or gluten huh? Have you tried Trader Joe's, they have quite a few wheat and gluten free products. Keep us updated on how your doing. I had no idea soy sauce had wheat in it!
timsdanni
on 4/11/06 11:47 am - Ft Stewart, GA
look for either a whole foods or a trader joes ,possibly a sun harvest- you CAN buy things with out wheat or glutten. You want to find a grocery/health food store or you will not be able to afford to eat if you are in the mood to cook/bake shoot me an email and I can forward you glutten free recipes if you would like them. I bake and cook totally from scrach normally so while i am recovering from surgery my family has had frozen food and other things like that and I am noticing me and my12 yo are both popping out is zits and the 3yo is acting out a LOT more - all 3 of my guys are very sensitive to food dyes and preservites and since I have been cooking totally from scratch for the last 5 yrs we had forgotten how bad it can get. good luck Danni 372/328/170
ToniBinct
on 4/12/06 1:23 am - CT
Trader Joes and Whole Foods have become my favorite stores. I would appreciate any recipes that your willing to share. I used to bake wedding cakes and was known by my kids friends as the cookie mom. This whole " no wheat " thing has really put a damper on my baking. I bought some rice flour bread before the surgery and it weighed as much as a brick! Right now it's not a big issue because I am supposed to be avoiding carbs anyway, but last wk when I was nauseas I just kept thinking crackers might help. Thanks again for your help. Toni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views