There is hope for us Stallers...

RebekaA
on 4/11/06 2:56 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Everyone, I wanted to share that my 2 week+ stall has finally broken! I was down a pound yesterday and thankfully 2 more today! THANK THE LORD. I only lost 10#'s the first 10 days--and nothing since, it was the longest 2 weeks ever! I was beginning to panic. I know realistically 2 weeks isn't anything to panic about when in normal diet mode, and I was prepared for plateaus a little further down the line, but I wasn't prepared to stall *right after* surgery! Well I hope this continues! Hang in there all the rest of you early stallers! Have a wonderful day everyone! ...I'll be over here.....
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/11/06 3:32 am - My Town, NH
Hi Rebeka. These stalls are the pits! I'm glad your scale moved! Mine is beginning to move again as well. It seems as if I stall for two weeks and then it moves the third week. I think I'm still losing inches though. Enjoy all that dancing! - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 4/11/06 4:04 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ive been stalled for a week... I dont worry about it, but it makes me mad I stalled right at 301lbs... I could taste the 200's LOL
RebekaA
on 4/11/06 4:47 am - Inland Empire, CA
I know what you mean! I stalled at 250 and was like COME ON 240's! I was at 250 for a long time so I really wanted to get out of there. You're almost there! Congrats on getting to the 2's. Hang in there.
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/11/06 4:52 am - Littlerock, CA
Congrats Rebeka, your such a loser!
ooh-lala
on 4/11/06 5:18 am - Great Bend, KS
I have only weighed once since surgery....and that was at my 3 week FU appointment at my surgeon's office. I am not going to weigh again until May 11 (2 month follow-up) appointment. I know myself fairly well and I would be totally freaked out about a "stall". This way, even if I am having a stall, I don't know about it! Have a great day. Laura
Sheri D.
on 4/11/06 5:24 am - On the edge of, SD
Hi Rebeka - Congrats on breaking the stall. It is good to know that it does break. I was down 24 lbs. at my one week appointment, and only down another 5 lbs. at my three week appointment. Not bad - I am happy about the 29 lbs. However, I am the area TOPS leader also, and 10 days after my surgery I was down lots of pounds, but at the last two weigh-ins I gained. Quite disappointing. My doc said at my one week appointment to not be surprised if I didn't lose anymore in the next couple of weeks because our bodies need time to adjust. Reassuring to know that it does start coming back off. Sheri
RebekaA
on 4/11/06 5:30 am - Inland Empire, CA
Laura, That's a really good philosophy. You're really strong to not weight it's what we are supposed to do....but....I wish I could be as smart as you but my nueroticism won't let me throw out the scale! I may settle for putting away soon though. Sheri, That's an amazing loss! It's crazy everything our bodies go thru while we adjust to everything we've got going on. Don't worry about your gain, with a big start like you had, I'm sure it will fall back off! Continued luck to you!
BabyRuth2u
on 4/11/06 5:50 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I think my body has stalled also and needs to catch up. I dropped alot of weight really fast. I had lost 24 the month prior to surgery and then 26 lbs by my two week follow up. Looks like I had lost then another 5 to 10 after that. There's a small discrepancy between doc scale and mine so was hard to tell exactly. But I have weighed the same for the past 4 days at 285. I definately can't complain, from 345 to 285, but even so I can feel that little voice in the back of my head saying what if I dont lose any more? I feel like I'm gaining, I'm eating too much etc. I am feeling that worry a bit and I'm trying not too. I'm trying to be logical I give credit to the one poster who can go for weeks without getting weighed and only weighing at her doc appts. I personally dont, or wouldnt weigh each day but my DH is always saying, omg you feel so much smaller, jump on the scale. LOL So I get on to appease him. At first down, down down, not stall. But I will MOVE again. I'm sure! I hope. I think I will. LOL
ToniBinct
on 4/11/06 6:43 am - CT
When I was discharged from the hospital they gave me this packet to read that says " At about 3 to 4 wks the scale will stall or stop for awhile. This is completely normal do not call us.". Thank God I referenced back to the packet, because I was ready to call. I went from 243 to 212 in the first 3 wks. I'm now 5 wks post op and it finally moved this morning to 210. I wish I was able to toss the scale but my husband says to use the "stalls" as motivation and keep exercising for fear the stalls will be permanent. He keeps reminding me of what the DR., the Nurse, and the Nutritionist said. "The surgery is only a tool, the rest is up to you". He's so annoying when he's right. I am so grateful though that we all have each other. This board is better than ANY support group I have been to!! Cheers to all of us LOSERS!!! Toni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views