protien ?

penhail53
on 4/11/06 12:47 am - LsSueur, MN
Hi Hope this dosn't sound silly. I was wondering about the protien shake this will be my first one since surgery 2 weeks ago and I wil be having it for lunch do I just drink the 1/2 c. in place of a meal or can I drink more. Thanks Jan
MsKeara
on 4/11/06 2:31 am - Baldwin, WI
Hi Jan! I'm 2 weeks out today as well and the protein has been a problem for me. You need to get in as much protein as possible. I've found that I drink my protein drinks all during the day or at least until I have about 65g. My meals usually consist on some super blended up soup of some sort. I hope that helps!! MsKeara
RebekaA
on 4/11/06 2:43 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Jan, They way they told me to do it, was to try and get down 1-2 oz of shake every 15 min. Now that I'm on week 3 I can just sip more continuously thruout the day. HTH
jennb40
on 4/11/06 2:45 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Jan, I am 4 weeks out, but will give you my protein story! I buy the Unjury chocolate and vanilla and the Simply Smart Milk. When you mix 8 oz. of milk (which has 10 gr of protein) with 1 scoop of the unjury (which has 20 gr of protein) you have 30 gr of protein. Then I divide it in 1/2 and put 1/2 of it in the freezer for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours and when it freezes - it is so good and is like a fudgesicle. It really helps the protein count and it feels so good cold. I had no problem getting in the protein. Before I moved to pureed foods, I would have 4 (2 divided in half!) of these throughout the day for a total of 60 grams of protein. Something about putting it in the freezer really made it good for me. Now I am doing 1/2 of the protein concoction for 15 grams of additional protein a day along with the food I am eating. If you haven't heard about Unjury, their web site is www.unjury.com Hope this helps...Barbara
trohal
on 4/11/06 6:00 am - Grafton, OH
I also have the unjury. But was told i need 2 meal replacement drinks a day till i get my cals to 1000. Well i was doing slim fast since unjury is not a meal replacement. I GOT SO ILL !! and it was the low carb low sugar one. I have been resting my pouch a few days and went back to soups blended maybe i will try the unjury again and just try and eat my cals. ITS SO HARD to eat that man cals Teresa
Beckers
on 4/11/06 7:42 am - Cottage Grove, OR
For those of you who are tired of sipping shakes and are THIRSTY, you should try ISOPURE protein drinks. They are clear and tasty, like Gatorade or Kool-Aide, light and refreshing, with 40 Grams of Protein in each bottle. My favorite flavor, so far, is Apple Melon. Barbara, have you tried Unjury (Unflavored) mixed in soups yet? That sounds like a good idea, but I was wondering if it tastes yucky ?? I am still struggling to get 35-40 Grams of Protein a day, unless I'm adding wrong, its just such a struggle to drink and eat all day (Gosh, I never thought I'd say that!!). I still like SlimFast Low Carb, its got 20 G of Protein, and has fiber, which keeps my system going, if you know what I mean Rebecca M. 269/237/150
miminjoey
on 4/12/06 3:18 am - Fort Bragg, NC
like Gatorade or Kool-Aide, light and refreshing, with 40 Grams of Protein in each bottle. My favorite flavor, so far, is Apple Melon. i just order some...they should be here tomorrow...looking forward to trying them Mimi
timsdanni
on 4/11/06 11:38 am - Ft Stewart, GA
its not silly to wonder I do not do a protien shake as part of my meals - I make one up with one scoop of GNC mixed berry 100% whey with 4 oz of water and 4 oz of milk - all milk it to strong for me. I then drink it in 2 or 3 oz "shots" for the afternoon I don't really eat "meals" either however - I snack on high protien stuff every few hours and then eat dinner with my family hope this helps Danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views