Veggie Blahs....

Joanna C.
on 4/10/06 12:15 pm - Miami, FL
Hi Marchers, Just wondering how you all are doing getting your veggies in. I know we all need the fiber , but I'm getting bored of steaming my greens. I'm dying for some crunch - like raw celery and carrots. My NUT cleared me last week to have lettuce (Yuck), but I'm afraid to try any. Have any of you taken the dive to crunchy rabbit foods?
Jaydeez63
on 4/10/06 1:13 pm - CA
Hi Joanna, I don't think I have had a vegetable other than refriend beans or hummus w/spinach and feta mixed in. My NUT told us not to even touch carrots, or any stringy veggies (celery). She said that they had a patient that had a steamed baby carrot and she said she chewed it, but the fibers blocked her stoma opening. I assume that is a fact, but ask your NUT about carrots.
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/10/06 2:41 pm - Littlerock, CA
I'm only cleared for VERY well cooked veggies. I had 2 small bites of baked Yam yesterday. I was going to eat some asparagus tips with my Salmon on Sunday, but because of "protien first" I never was able to take a bite, I looked at it longingly, but I was already feeling rumbly with the salmon and didn't want to risk it. Haven't thrown anything up yet, not in a hurry to pu**** As it was I think I had too much cheese in my refried beans and cheese, it went down a little hard tonight.
Lisa M.
on 4/10/06 9:57 pm - LaGrange, NC
My nut told me yesterday no veggies unless you could mash them with your fork. Definitely not anything crunchy....I'm with you I would LOVE a salad or some nuts...but that will come in a few months. He said it took 8 weeks for our stomach to heal properly. Lisa
Darlene X
on 4/10/06 10:49 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Im not allowed to try raw vegies until 7 weeks out. I love raw vegies, I normally don't eat my vegies cooked, so I feel your pain. I'd die for a carrot right now LOL Ive had steamed carrots, some finely diced onion, hummus and beans.... thats about it so far...
BabyRuth2u
on 4/11/06 12:35 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I love veggies also, with the exception of when having salad I like cooked veggies. I've had so far, asparagus, zucchini, broccli and one bite of sweet potato. I love salads and was feeling down yesterday evening for a bit thinking how I wanted a salad! I dont know when I'll get released to try salad, but I guess I'm not in a hurry. I'm still fearful that every bite I take will make me dump, so I'm not in much hurry to try anything new. Though I know I should. I did try a little tuna yesterday for lunch, seems to have settled well. Hope you can try crunchy soon. Until then hopefully it doesnt drive you to nuts. Good luck.
timsdanni
on 4/11/06 7:37 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I am eating almonds and they kill the cruchy need I have also had a few slices of raw tomatoe with no peel. cooked sweet potatoe is great - I am thinking of steaming an apple with it next time but debating b/c apples sauce made me a few weeks ago. but chicken made me sick last night and today so I don't want it either and will fi**** out of the tortilla soup I am making for dinner tonight LOL Danni
Shana M.
on 4/11/06 7:46 am - KY
K, does anyone else find it funny that we all had this surgery done and now the main thing being craved are healthy foods like veggies and salads? I would kill for some fresh brocolli with a little ranch right now!! SLM
kimbaby74
on 4/11/06 1:26 pm - Western, KY
Y'all are LUCKY! I can't have raw veggies or salad until six months!!! I want a salad so bad I can't stand it. Of course, I'm having a hard enough time with my protein that I haven't eaten any of the cooked vegetables that I'm supposed to have. I guess I should really try more. Kim
GayleTx
on 4/13/06 10:15 am - northeast, TX
Yep, I never thought I'd think that instant potatoes were the tastiest dish available.......I'm craving them (must be the carbs!!).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views