Trouble Eaating

KMMsupport
on 4/10/06 9:26 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
I had surgery on March 13th and have lost 22 pounds, however I know I am not getting the nutrients that I need. I sometimes go all day without eating just drinking water and crystal light. Please tell me if anyone else is having this problem. Sometimes the thought of food makes me tired and I am normally full from my water. I make sure I take my vitamin and try to take TUMS for calcium, what else can I do to get the food in, or should I be concerned? C...
Darlene X
on 4/10/06 9:46 am - Maricopa, AZ
Umm YES you should be concerned.... you only need food to LIVE! LOL I am never hungry... I force myself to eat... you HAVE to, you gotta do it to live! Remember you chose to do this, so now you need to take responsibility for yourself.... you may not like it, but when you started this process, you agreed to do what you needed to for this. Hang in there, I know how you feel. The thought of food today made me feel ill... I just eat because I have to.
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/10/06 10:50 am - Littlerock, CA
I really have to psychologically prepare myself for each meal, it does sometimes make me ill just thinking about it, but once I get started I'm usually good to go, I just have to make sure I don't eat too much, even a "extra" bite or two can make me feel sick. It is hard to get all the water, vitamins, protien shakes and calcium in but we have to do it. Some days are harder than others but we have to try every day to do our best. It sounds like you definitely need to be getting more nutrients and more protien, please follow your Surgeon's instructions on what you should be eating. This forum and the Main Message Board have some wonderful recipies, many people have also found things to eat at such places as Taco Bell and Wendy's. Please, please take care of yourself, I have seen members on this board who admit because they did not eat right or get enough protien in that they are now suffering side effects. Ingrid
ooh-lala
on 4/11/06 2:02 am - Great Bend, KS
C, I was having problems eating until a few days ago. I told the bariatric nurse and my surgeon several times and they said not to worry about it right now; that I should just focus on not getting dehydrated. I was only getting in around 200 calories a day and had to force myself to even do that much. I would call your surgeon's office and tell them you are not eating very much. See what they tell you to do. Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views