*** 04/10, What did ya eat? ***

Darlene X
on 4/10/06 8:05 am - Maricopa, AZ
My first day back at work... Blahhh, it's so hard to fit all the fluids & meals I need in... I feel like Im constantly eating and drinking. Fluids: 12oz Crystal Lite 8oz of water (Didn't hurt as much now) Breakfast: 3oz Apricot Dannon Lite & Fit Fluids: 8oz 1/2 OJ lite/Water Snack: 2oz Hummus, 4 soy crisps & wedge of laughing cow lite Fluids: 9oz 1/2 OJ lite/Water Lunch: 2oz egg slad, 4 soy crisps Fluids: 8oz skim milk. Snack: String cheese Fluids: 17oz Crystal Lite Dinner: Thinking of beans w/ a little canned chicken & cheese. Maybe more fluids, not sure yet...... I normally post this before dinner cause of all the east coasters LOL
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/06 8:18 am - Remington, VA
HI Darlene and all else who post on this today! My surgery was 3/14/06. I'm a little confused so I posted on the Virginia board where I normally "hang out", and on the main board. Please take a moment to read my post, "consufsed" on the VA board and reply as you wish! Today I've eaten..... liquid: lite cranberry juice, about 4 ounces(I have to start out with a little juice or my sugars dip really low. Bfast: 3 TBS RF corned beef hash with half a soft cooked egg water, water, water, Lunch: 1 slice Arnold brand low carb bread toast(6 g carbs, 5 g protein!), with 1/4 c tuna salad spread over it( I regret now eating the whole piece....uncomfy feeling in the gut!) water water water I'm an east coaster so haven't had dinner yet and for a snakc later I'll have something like a few slices banana w/ PB or a little yogurt, and evening liquids SF hot cocoa w 1/2 scoop ANy Whey Thanks for helping me out! Kirsten
Darlene X
on 4/10/06 9:04 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey I read your post over on the VA board. I don't exactly have too much input but was curious about a few things. Do you have much of a plan from your surgeon? Are you supposed to be in a certain food phase right now? Do you have a list of what your allowed to eat right now? Not allowed to eat? Or are you allowed whatever? Have you been given a certail portion size your meals should be right now? I know not every surgeon works the same... But I think you may want to be placing more emphasis on portion control. Just because you can eat a whole slice of bread, doesn't mean you should. Our pouches really lack the ability to tell us when they are full right now, and they are still in the healing process... and you already said you felt you ate too much, so thats not a great sign. You don't want to go bloat your stomach up or do any damamge. Maybe a better idea would have been to cut yourself 1/4 slice of bread (If you really wanted some bread), and eaten more tuna salad to get better protein in. That way you get a taste of the bread, but your not over doing it. I have portions/measurements from my surgeon for this stage-- and thats what I eat. I don't pu**** ABout the Dairy Queen icecream thing... DANGEROUS territory... seriously, dont even test it is my opinion. I don't want to know if I dump on sugar or not--- Im just going to assume I do and stay away from refined sugars. Becareful hun! You dont want to get back into bad habits. Hang in there, we are all learning
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/06 9:14 pm - Remington, VA
Darlene, I have lists. I'm in the soft food stage. My lists dont have measurements, or a listing pf portion sizes for different foods. Do you think you could scan and email me yours? Time to go get my four week weigh in and measurement! Thanks for replying and helping! Kirsten
Darlene X
on 4/10/06 10:46 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Every plan is different... what my surgeon has me doing isn't what your surgeon has you doing. Do you have a nutritionist? Maybe you can give her/him a call and get a little more clarification on what portions you should be eating.
bettyc
on 4/10/06 8:29 am - Covington, LA
Hi Darlene. Hope you are well. I can't imagine having to work with all this. i am retired. Oh well I wish I would have done it years ago. You can't have everything. How is EJ doing? I have not seen any posts about hime since he was so sick. Today was sort of same and every other day-- Early moring--Iced coffee with 1C ff milk breakfast 1 egg with lf cheese Lunch Wendy's Chili Snack The rest of the Chili Dinner 1/2 C cottage cheese. 64 oz fluids i still need protein today and will do something latter. Have a good one Marchers! Be strong and positive--bj
Darlene X
on 4/10/06 8:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
EJ is doing great! Now that they dialated his stricture its like night and day! He has had 3x 16.9oz bottles of water so far today, will have finished another by the time I pick him up from work... so he will be well over his 64oz. Im so happy, I was very worried about him. He also ate all his food today--- such a HUGE difference! He is still a lil sore from the gall bladder surgery, but back at work and hanging in there.
RebekaA
on 4/10/06 9:58 am - Inland Empire, CA
B: 4oz protein shake S: 1 egg L: refried beans w/ cheese S: 8oz protein shake D: probably cheese 80 gms protein No exercise today rainy and stuck inside with a sick toddler
Joanna C.
on 4/10/06 12:08 pm - Miami, FL
I was a BAAAADDDD girl today. I fell off the "wagon", but I'll be back on tomorrow now that I know how many calories I actually took in today! WOW! Breakfast: Isopure Protein shake with 8 oz skim milk and 1T swiss mocha coffee mix Snack: 1 oz Planters honey-roasted peanuts Lunch: 1 slice double-fiber wheat bread with R/F Mayo, 2 slices deli thin ham, and 1 slice R/F swiss cheese Snack: 1 oz Planters honey-roasted peanuts Dinner: 1 cup Seafood Lasagna Evening snack: 10 oz skim milk with 1T Swiss Mocha coffee mix. I'm appalled at myself! Almost 1300 calories in what I ate today. Although I got in about 117 grams of protein, I also got in plenty of fat - though I think the peanut fat is the healthy kind, right??? Back on the wagon tomorrow!
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/10/06 2:35 pm - Littlerock, CA
Hi All, here goes: 6 oz V-8 w/vitamins and Iron 18 oz. water during walk Calcium Citrate 18 oz water after walk, was really thirsty B: 3 oz blend of Ricotta, Marinara & Mozarella Calcium Citrate 20 oz Iso-Pure Passion Fruit Drink L: 2.25 oz. Chicken Salad w/3 Townhouse Crackers 18 oz Crystal Lite / water Calcium Citrate D: 3 oz Refried Beans & Cheese w/ part of a dollop of Lite Sour Cream Ohhh, gotta go take my last vitamin. Snack/Medicine Chaser: 3 oz Dannon Lite & Fit Blueberry Yogurt
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views