*** 04/09 What Did you Eat? ***

Darlene X
on 4/9/06 8:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
I still can't find any protein I can stomach.... not sure what to do, everything is disgusting beyond belief *sigh* Liquids: 12oz 1/2 Lite OJ, 1/2 Water Breakfast: Half Banana w/ 1 TBS of PB Liquids: 16oz Crystal Lite Snack: 2oz hummus, 4 soy crisps & wedge of laughing cow cheese Snack 2: I experimented with melting cheese for cheese crisp things. Had 5 small Mozz cheese crisps. Lunch: 3oz refried beans w/ cheese, salsa & sour cream Liquids: 12oz 1/2 Lite OJ, 1/2 Water Dinner: 3oz Egg Salad Liquids: 8oz skim milk & 12oz crystal lite I go back to work tomorrow AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Joanna C.
on 4/9/06 8:53 am - Miami, FL
Hi Darlene, Have you tried the Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla protein? It dissolves completely in liquid (I like it in skim milk) and it has 50 grams of protein per serving. I'll make an iced cappucino in the morning - it actually tastes great! Anyway, besides the shake for breakfast... Snack: handful of honey-roasted peanuts Lunch: Went to Flannigan's (a steak and seafood bar/grill). Had 3 incredibly tender baby back ribs and 1/4 cup of mixed veggies. Snack: not hungry Dinner: the last 3 baby back ribs. YUMMY! Later tonight: 10 oz skim milk with 1 heaping tablespoon of S/F French Vanilla Cafe (General Foods International Coffees) - excellent end to the day. Good luck at work tomorrow - I've got one more week off. I'm going to enjoy my kids on spring break. I'm taking them to the beach tomorrow, and I can't wait!
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/06 5:07 am - Remington, VA
HI Joanna, When you make your coffee drinks do you use decaf? I only have some caffeine instant at home. Nobody drinks coffee enough in this house(although this is about to change just to get somemore protein in!) to have had a coffemaker. So whenever I needed a fix I just used instant. I know, I know to real coffee drinkers that may be sacrilige! Anyway I know we're supposed to be usig decaf. Thanks, Kirsten
Joanna C.
on 4/10/06 12:20 pm - Miami, FL
Hi Kirsten, I used General Foods International Coffees (the tin cans of flavored coffee). They have Swiss Mocha and French Vanilla in Sugar Free. I don't mind instant coffee at all, but only if I drink it in hot milk instead of water. My NUT never said no caffeine, but to keep it to no more than 1-2 cups per day. I couldn't live without a sip of my Cuban coffee in the morning (that's a concentrated coffee made with Cuban/Columbian bean that you drink in a tiny shot glass. Sort of like Espresso but much stronger - I LOVE it! I could never give that up. Joanna
BabyRuth2u
on 4/9/06 9:08 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Darlene, I use the Champion Whey stack Cocoa Mocachinno. It mixes really smooth and I like the taste alot. I like their Vanilla mixed with the Sunrise Orange Crystal light. I saw someone post about vanilla mixed that way and it does taste like a creamsicle. Today I had... Breakfast: 1/4 egg beaters scramble; 3/4 slice very thing Pepperidge Farm bread toasted; light smear of light cream cheese. Mid Morn: Protein shake 23 gm (this was actually closer to 12:30 or so) We were out running and busy, didnt make it back for lunch, had dinner out. Dinner: Very little crab leg meat, maybe 1/2 oz if that, Doubt it. And 2 zucchini round slices and 2 broccli pieces steamed well. Working on having a protein shake now. Be back in a few mins! LOL It's hard to keep things on schedule if you are busy and running around. I had told my husband today that I thought we were suppose to go from living to eat, to eating to live. Well I feel like I'm living to eat. It is very time consuming, always planning, timing etc when your next vitamin is, so that this one doesnt conflict with that one, watching the clock so that yo dont drink 1/2 hour before, 1/2 hour after etc. So it's like you are always waiting/ living for the next meal time. Sheesh! But yes, it is worth it. I just have to find some kind of plan that is adaptable. I want to go back to work some time soon and don't know how I'm going to fit all this in and try to work at the same time. Hope everyone has been having a great day!
bettyc
on 4/9/06 10:07 am - Covington, LA
Hi guys We took the Granddaughteer to the zoo today. It is a beautiful day in New Orleans. I had a problem because I could not find anything to eat at the zoo and got real weaK. Early Morning "Coffee Betty" cup os ff milk and a cup of cold processed coffed on ice. breakfast--1 soft scrambled egg with a slice of lf cheese lunch-- Wendy's Chili Dinner --1 skinless chicked leg and 4 green beans (yes-4 that is all I could eat) Snack--1/2 c lf cottage cheese This is 65 grams of protein with no shakes 68 oz fluid and all supplements.
RebekaA
on 4/9/06 10:30 am - Inland Empire, CA
B: 4oz protein shake S: Soft boiled egg L: 8oz protein shake S: refried beans 2oz cheddar cheese 1oz D: 2oz cheese Plus one more protein drink. for a total of 80gm protein. I'm very excited I made it to the gym today and did 3 mi. on the elliptical. yay! Now I just have to go back tmw...and the next day....
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/9/06 11:04 am - My Town, NH
Hello MARCHers. Here's my food intake for the day: Breakfast: Nectar Fuzzy Naval protein powder in Crystal Light Sunrise Orange Lunch: 4 oz deli roast beef and 2 wedges Laughing Cow Lite Garlic and Herb Cheese Snack: 2 cups skim milk Dinner: 1/2 cup crab and shrimp casserole with 1 oz deli roast beef for extra protein Snack: 1 NSA Fudgsicle (will eat soon!) Calories: 591 Fat: 11 grams Carbs: 40 grams Protein: 87 grams Only about 48 oz of liquid so far. I need to drink some more before bed. I hope everyone has a great week! - Stephanie
RebekaA
on 4/9/06 11:52 am - Inland Empire, CA
Darlene, Have you tried flavorless Any Whey? I mix it into Lemonade Crystal Light add a little Equal and it tastes like an Lemon--Orange Julius (am I dating myself? does anyone remember those?) My dh also mixes it in with milk and Chai Tea flavoring and loves it. I get the Any Whey off www.bariatriceating.com. They also have some thin "iced tea" like protein drinks you could try. I have a problem with any sickeningly sweet protein shakes or shakes that go down so heavy. Can't stand them, so this has worked for me. My dh can't stand thick shakes either so what has saved are the Zero Carb Isopure drinks. They are thin like Cool-Aid and have 40gm protein per 20oz bottle. But they are too sweet for me. HTH I know it's a pain to find what works for you. Rebeka
ooh-lala
on 4/9/06 12:27 pm - Great Bend, KS
Darlene, I know what you mean about the protein. I can't find any I can stand either. I do have AnyWhey. I can mix 1 TBS. (1/4 of a scoop) into some of my food as long as I don't smell it. If I smell it while I am mixing, I cannot eat it. Thank you for posting this. It is reassuring to see what others are eating who had surgery around the same time as me. B: 1 oz. Cabot 75% Light Vermont Cheddar, 3 reduced-fat Keebler Club crackers L: 3 slices Oscar Mayer Virginia Deli Shaved ham, spread with 2 TBS. fat-free cream cheese and wrapped around 3 no sugar-added sweet gherkins from Vlasic D: 3 oz. shrimp, 2 Tbs. homemade, sugar-free ****tail sauce S: 1 oz. Cabot 75% Light Vermont Cheddar, 2 reduced-fat Keebler club crackers Liquids: so far 48 oz. of water and 16 oz. of Crystal Light Lemonade Totals: Calories: 340 Carbs: 14 Fat: 10 Protein: 46 My surgeon wants me to be at 50 grams of protein right now and I almost made it and I didn't even use any protein supplements! Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views