WOW kind of day! :)

BabyRuth2u
on 4/9/06 8:39 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I have a bridal shower to go to next weekend and I wanted to get a new pair of pants to wear. Mine are all baggy on me now. So we went shopping today to get a pair. I was wearing 30w, the 28's I had were a little snug and seemed to form too close on my thighs. But as I mentioned the other day I have been able to wear the 28's now and they feel comfortable and even a lil loose. So when I get to Catherine's today the plan is to try a 26w. Well I see they have 26wp, so I try those for a better length. Put them on and guess what? Too big. Dave my DH says try the 24wp. So I do and guess what? yup, still could go a size smaller. Is this possible? LMAO, I was like no way. But yes way. They didnt have the lighter blue color I wanted in the 22wp so I did take the 24wp, they fit fine, just wont get as long as wear out of them, but they are the color I wanted to go with the shirt and jewelry I want to wear to the shower. I also got one black pair, but those in the 22wp. I can't believe it!! I know not to buy alot, I just needed two pair of pants to wear that I didnt look like Miss baggy ass and legs. So that was my first WOW moment of the day. Oh, also this morning, I tore through the house, drawers, cupboards etc throwing all kinds of stored crap away that we never use. We loaded up the car and took it to the Red White blue store. The energy is kicking in LOL I should have the house down to bare bones in a week or two. LOL Also, since we were out all afternoon we decided to try dinner out. Dave was hankering for a steak so we went to Outback. He ordered his steak and we added on crab legs. I ate a bite of that, was stringier than I thought, was going to do salmon or fish but saw the crab legs and thought that will work, but it didnt really. So ate that lil bite and had some broccli and zucchini. I asked them to over steam it so it was very soft and they were kind to oblige, no problem. Well it was cool when we went in, I felt confident to not ask for a table, figured I'd play it by ear and wherever they sit us they do. And it was a booth and I FIT! No problem! I had about an inch to spare. So it's been a pretty cool day. I just can't imagine what's coming yet. How can it get any better than this? 3 to 4 pants sizes in this short of time? Now that is with the 24lbs I lost the month before surgery, but still 50 + lbs and that much down in size? I'll take it! I'm heading upstairs soon to clear out a closet in the storage room. I have a rack of clothes in there I haven't worn for a couple of years, some never worn with tags on them yet. Going to see what fits and if its still fairly in style and go from there on what stays or not. Hope everyone had a great day! 345 month before surgery 321 surgery week / 285 / 170?
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/9/06 10:57 am - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, that is an amazing WOW kind of day! Congratulations. You must be on cloud nine! I'm so proud of you. I think my husband and I are going out for dinner next Saturday to celebrate meeting 11 years ago. It will be my first time dining out and I want to go some place where I can try to sit in a booth! That was my only criteria! He laughed at me. I could care less what type of food is served, I just want to try and sit comfortably in a booth! You will be stunning at the shower! Have a wonderful week. - Stephanie
timsdanni
on 4/9/06 12:34 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
what an awsoem WOW day for you - I did the same thing with tops yesterday - picked up a 28 at lane bryant thinking maybe it will fit ( was in 30/32s) and ended up buying one 18/20 and one 22/24 top my belly is NOT shrinking fast like yours I must admit and we are not far apart wieght (well you are 30 pounds or so ahead of me) or surgery date - funny how differnt our bodys are - how tall are you? Danni 372 1 march/360 pre op/329 today/170 goal
BabyRuth2u
on 4/9/06 11:42 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Wow, that is fantastic on the tops. I'm thinking you may not be as top heavy or as broad shouldered as I am. I was in mostly 30/32, some 34's for tops. With losing some weight pre-op I got out of 5x's to 4x's and since surgery am now wearing 3x's. Now I did try some 26/28 tops which I thought were 3x equivelant but they are a bit snug in the belly area yet. I'm 5'2" 1/2, 5'3", depends where I get measured. LOL Keep up the good work, your belly will be shrinking soon enough! Oh, I went through my closet in the spare room last night and had a TON of clothes in there. The sad thing was I had I bet 5 or 6 shirts that I can fit or almost fit in to that I had bought a few years ago when I had lost some weight. They are gorgeous, stylish (unfortunately stylish for 4 yrs ago or so) LOL They are the ones with a lot of the poet type sleeves, real belled, flurry etc. They arent in style right now, so I'd feel like an idiot wearing them. So I went through everything and I did find a few things to keep for now, and thought with the others I may put them in a consignment shop. Lots have tags still on them, or stuff was worn like once. I also pulled out a bag full of stretch jeans that I had bought. I can fit all but 2 pair of them, so now I have a full wardrobe of colors, purple, brown, green, burgandy, and blue jean stretch denims. I'm set for awhile! LOL my husbands (frugal one that he is) is like dang, we should have done this before we went shopping for 2 new pairs of pants today. LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views