Queezy tummy do i eat?

trohal
on 4/8/06 10:52 pm - Grafton, OH
Hello all: I am 13 days post op and have been doing GREAT on liquids like cream soup and yogurt. I was advanced friday to puree. I did ok with some cream of wheat and for lunch i pureed some chicken in a can with mayo like my little book said it was ok but that can taste EWWWWWWW. Also had some puree green beans. I seemed to do very well. Yesterday i had puree oatmeal omg i love oatmeal But it did not like me and i dumped it . Rest of day i felt like crap. I forced myself to eat a late lunch and tried some puree chicken from a lean cuisine. OHHHHHH i dumped that to . So i felt pretty much like crap yesterday and scared to eat dinner. I had a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and a protien drink WHICH i end up in the bathroom again. I went to bed early and woke at 5 am with the bathroom again ! i am scared to eat today anyone experience this. I just have a funny feeling in my tummy like DON"T eat. I am sipping a drinkable yogurt and thinking maybe just do protien drinks today for my protien and cals. DO u think this is ok to give the stomach a break and maybe i will be ok tomorrow? hummmmmm i i knew it would be hard but i did not realize i would be so scared to try to eat. Teresa
jennb40
on 4/9/06 4:41 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Teresa, I am so sorry you are feeling poorly. I have been fortunate and have no problems at all. But I have read where people do and most say to return to liquids for a day and let your pouch settle down. Be sure and call your doctor's office tomorrow. Hope you feel better. Barbara
timsdanni
on 4/9/06 5:42 am - Ft Stewart, GA
my support been there person told me on days like that to wait a while then sip water and give mr pouch a day off. if you can not keep down water you MUST call your doc however Does not sound like you are that sick - I can not do yogurts at all since surgery and I loved them - oh well soon enough mr. Pouch will be less fussy. hugs and hope you feel better soonest Danni
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/9/06 6:14 am - Littlerock, CA
Like Barbara and Dani said. My Surgeon also agrees that if things are feeling a bit funny to go back to your liquids for a day or two and let the pouch "settle down". I've also seen posted on the main message board that some people have a hard time with chicken, beef, turkey and pork when they first start out, and some for many months. When you're ready to try to eat again, try what was suggested to me by this forum, refried beans with cheese, ricotta w/low-sugar spaghetti sauce, egg salad (without the salad of course), etc. See one of the posts below where it was asked what is your favorite thing to eat so far, perhaps it will give you some ideas too. #1 though: follow your surgeons instructions. As mentioned above, if your having problems holding water down, call your Dr. or go to the ER, DO NOT let yourself get dehydrated! Ingrid
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views