Introducing Myself

RebekaA
on 4/8/06 1:25 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this board and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 35, happily married and live in So. Calif. I have a beautiful daughter who will be 2 next month. She is a major reason why I did this. I want to be the best mom I can be without limitations like my weight holding me back. I had GBS on 3/17/06. At my heaviest (this Dec after holidays) I hit my all time high of 285. I lost 24 #'s preop and went into surgery at 261. Wow, that's the FIRST TIME EVER I have posted my real weight anywhere. I am 3 weeks out and sadly have only lost 11 pounds since surgery, the scale hasn't budged in 2 weeks, but I am hanging in there. Thankfully I have had NO problems and minimal pain thru this all. I am on soft foods for another week and am looking forward to (hopefully) a SALAD in a week or so! mmmmmm. I'm very happy to have found this board, you all seem like a very nice group and I look forward to chatting with you all. Rebeka 284/250/150
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/8/06 1:35 pm - Littlerock, CA
Hi Rebeka and welcome, I too just started on this forum and it has been really helpful to me so far. Congratulations on your successful WLS, it seems like quite a few of us are not losing as fast as we expected in these first few weeks, but from what I have read on the main message board I don't think it's that unusual. I think we all just have to learn a little more patience. Our bodies have been through so much in the last few weeks they probably are really confused. It will be really fun to have partners to experience this with. Ingrid
trohal
on 4/9/06 1:37 am - Grafton, OH
Hello and welcome. Make sure you check out the main message board from time to time also as there is lots of good reference there ! Congrats and GL in your weightloss ! Teresa
timsdanni
on 4/9/06 5:55 am - Ft Stewart, GA
Welcome also Rebeka - I am Danni, wife to my wonderful hubby Tim and full time homeschooling momma to my 2 sons currently at Ft Bliss tx but moving soon (we hope and we pray and we hope some more ) I too had this done partially for my boys - I want to be able to play and hike and have a great life with them and then with Tim when the boys are gone - and I can hike at 33 at 350+ pounds but my knees would NOT have held out so the wieght had to go. I hit my all time high of 372 1 march - had surgery 13 march at 360 and at almost a month out am 329 - but hey it has been 2 yrs since I have seen the 320s at all. I have been the same wieght for a few days now but when I tryed on clothes yesterday I fit into stuff that last week gaped by 4 inches and now snaps (not pretty yet LOL but snaped at least) so with no poundage down I lost 4 inches off my belly/hips so try mesuring and see if that helps hugs Danni
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/9/06 6:55 am - My Town, NH
Welcome Rebeka! We're so glad you found us. The scale will move for you. It has to! Congratulations on a successful surgery. We're glad you will be here to encourage us and to be encouraged by us. All the best, Stephanie
Mary M.
on 4/9/06 8:32 am - Livonia, MI
Welcome Rebeka! Glad everything is going well for you. The scale will probably start being more cooperative once you are getting a few more calories in. Sometimes our bodies just fight us all the way. Good Luck and keep us posted. Mary 278/250/130 PS I know what you mean about posting your weight. It still feels very weird each time I do it.
RebekaA
on 4/10/06 2:38 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thank you all for the welcome and for the suggestions. I look forward to being a big loser with you all. Mary, we have very similar stats! Here's wishing us both luck! Have a great day everyone!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views