** What did you eat today ****

Darlene X
on 4/7/06 12:55 pm - Maricopa, AZ
They do this on the main board, thought it might be interesting for us to look at what other's are doing around the same stage out.... ---------------------------------------- Im in a soft food/pureed type stage. Liquids: 12oz of dillute crystal lite (About 1/4 dillution) Breakfast: 2oz Hummus, 5 soy crisps & a wedge of french onion laughing cow cheese light. Liquids: 18oz of dillute crystal lite Lunch: Tuna salad (2oz tuna, small amount of mayo & relish) & 5 soy crisps. Liquids: 12oz dillute crystal lite Snack: Wedge of laughing cow lite cheese & 5 soy crisps Liquids: 10oz 1% milk Dinner: Half a Power Crunch protein bar. Liquids: 12oz dillute crystal lite. Totals: Calories: 500 Protein: 42g (Not near where I should be-- But I can't stand protein shakes-- So Im trying some protein bars now-- Im trying) Carbs: 36.5g Fat: 22g Fluids: 62oz
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/7/06 2:55 pm - Littlerock, CA
I started out slow: I ate/drank 8 oz of V-8, started on my 4 mile hike with 18 oz of dilluted Crysal lite. I finished most of it before being done with the walk, and the rest immediately after I fished. I took a 20 oz Iso Pure with me to shop. Finished it all and an additional 8 oz of water. After drinking another 8 oz of crystal light, I prepared my first meal, refried beans with cheese, I made sure it had been at least 30 minitues and thoroughly enjoyed it. I waited at least 45 minitues, drank another 8 oz of Crystal light, took my last Calcium Citrate for the day, ground my nightly meds, took that with a Protien shake, so I got in over 70 gms of protien today! I prepared my tuna salad and egg salad for tomorrow, and plan on baking some beets to eat along with some salmon and asparagus. So far so good. Nothing felt weird, or bad, a good first day of soft foods under my belt. Ingrid
BabyRuth2u
on 4/7/06 11:44 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I'd guess on water I had about 48 oz or so. It's getting harder to ge****er in with eating now. I dont know if you count the fluids you get with your protein shakes or not. Mine are powders mixed with water. If so that's an extra 10 oz. Breakfast: 1 oz. lowfat cottage cheese; a 3/4" square of very thin toast with thin spread of light cream cheese. Mid Morning: 5 oz. Protein shake 23 gm Lunch: 2 oz. pureed Wendy's Chili Mid Afternoon: 5 oz. Protein shake 17 gm protein Dinner: 1 oz. baked Salmon; 3-1" diameter circles cuts of zucchini. (YUM! was so good! I love veggies. My husband had to keep reminding me to eat my protein first.) I need to get more protein in. I thought the shakes were doing it, but looking at this, I dont think those 1 oz of cottage cheese and 1 oz of Salmon and chili are giving me much. Hopefully I can eat more soon. I did manage to eat the whole 1/4 cup liquid measure scrambled egg beater this morning, so that was good! have a great day!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/8/06 12:14 am - My Town, NH
I always like reading this post on the main board as well. Great idea to do it here! Breakfast - 4 oz tuna salad (tuna, diced boiled egg, celery sald, onion powder) Lunch - 4 oz sliced deli turkey smeared with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Lite French Onion Cheese Dinner - 4 small meatballs in marinara sauce Snack - 1.5 cups of skim milk Snack - 1 No Sugar Added Fudgsicle (Love these! They still have some sugar, but seem to settle in my pouch just fine. I think there are 2 grams per serving.) Calories: 627 Fat: 21 grams Carbs: 35 grams Protein: 75 grams About 50 ounces of liquid between water and Crystal Light (I need to do better with this!) - Stephanie
specialtc
on 4/8/06 2:58 am - KY
I did horribly!! I am only 1 week out and got mad at hubby so I ate a chicken happy meal. Yep...the whole thing...without the coke. I'm so mad at myself now but I'm frustrated too. I'm supposed to be on full liquids for another week yet. I'm sinking fast here!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/8/06 3:36 am - My Town, NH
Trisha, don't give up! We all make mistakes...in fact, I make them EVERY day! Get back on the horse and begin your full liquids again. You can do it. You are the key to your own success! - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 4/8/06 3:50 am - Maricopa, AZ
You got so mad at Hubby so you ate... how is that helping you? Have you sought any help/counselling for emotional eating? That would probably be a big help. We are human, we make mistakes.... get back on the wagon, and pleaseeee becareful what you eat because your pouch is healing and very delicate, you don't want to do anything to damamge it.
Darlene X
on 4/8/06 3:51 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ahhh I didn't see that you were lap band... Ok, less healing LOL
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/8/06 5:12 am - Littlerock, CA
Please explain a lap band for me. I know it is a band or "ring" placed around the stomach. Is this the kind that gets "filled" and if so, what do they fill it with? Saline? Does this mean that as they add more to the ring you can eat less and less? Is there any kind of actual cutting involved other than the trocar sites? I'm sure I could find this info on line, but figured as you had it you might be able to explain in laymans terms better. What made you decide on this surgery vs. others available? I have a neice thinking about a WLS and I'd love to know more about the pro's and con's from people who have had it. Thank you for any info you can give me. Remember today is the first day of the rest of your journey. Try being "mad" at hubby in a different way if possible, I know my dude can frustrate me and make me mad too, but eating something I should'nt won't make him see anything clearer, it just ends up making ME pay. Good for you that you didn't have that coke!!
ccb718
on 4/8/06 8:50 am - Fayetteville, NC
Ummmmm, don't seem to be doing as well as I should today with food. Or much any day for that matter, but I'm still trying and hanging in there. I really should start a food journal I think. I think it would help if I see it written (or maybe what's not written) down. Breakfast: Carnation instant sf breakfast Lots of water/ice in between Lunch: 4 oz. low fat cottage cheese more water/ice Havent had dinner yet, but planning on deviled eggs and protein shake. Yes, seeing this meager fair written down has got to make me change! Not getting in hardly any protein and need much more water/etc. !!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views