Introduction of me, Rilabie Chime

Rilabie_Chime
on 4/7/06 5:45 am - Littlerock, CA
Hi, I am so happy to have "found" this forum. I use the word found loosley as "Stephanie Smiles" saw me floundering in the main messageboard today and invited me to join this forum. Thank you Stephanie!! My name is Ingrid, my sign on name is pronounce Ril-ah-bee Chime, it is a character in a book by one of my favorite authors, Sheri S. Tepper. I guess I am considered a "Lightweight" but certainly don't feel like one. My highest weight being 227 with a 5' 2" frame. A co-morbidity of hypertension (stroke high hypertention) and every-family-member history of diabetes, allowed me to be within the correct BMI range to be eligible. I just knew my weight was increasing and increasing and wanted to put a stop to it before it became any worse. It was inevitable. My surgery went very well, with no complications, I was in very much pain after but it seemed mostly due to the CO2 absorption, it made me realize that despite going through 3 childbirths "naturally" (stupid, stupid '80s) I am quite a whimp when it comes to pain tolerance. I am exactly 2 weeks out (was still "under" this time 2 weeks ago), and have had no complications, very little nausea (think I waited a little too long in between "meals") and have actually been a little hungry the last two evenings. I had my staples removed yesterday, and was given the all clear to eat "soft" foods. So I'm off to go shopping and try my first "meal". My favorite form of exercising to date is walking. I live in the high desert of Southern California in a town called Littlerock, (the place in Arkansaw is 2 words "Little Rock") I live in the boonies and am currently taking walks with my new best friend the pedometer. I started a 10K a day program (which equals for my short legs 4 miles) and am loving it. Ok, enough about me, but I realized since I "found" this forum so recently that you all probably already know each other pretty well, so please, I'd love it if you let me know a little about each of you. Ingrid
jennb40
on 4/7/06 9:12 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Ingrid, we are glad to have you in our MARCHers forum! There is a bunch of great people in here and it is a great place to share our experiences. Please check back in often and let us know how you are doing. We are just getting started good as we are now in April and all our MARCHers have had their surgery. Welcome to the loser's bench! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/7/06 11:51 pm - My Town, NH
Ingrid, welcome! Thanks for telling us about yourself. I think you probably read all about me in my profile, so I won't bore you again! I've been thinking about a pedometer. I'm going to try to incorporate walks into my day at work and hope that helps my exercise consistency. Congratulations for making a decision for you and your health. I look forward to hearing more about your journey as we all progress! - Stephanie
Jaydeez63
on 4/9/06 3:42 pm - CA
Hi Ingrid, Looks like we had surgery the same day. I agree about the CO2 and childbirth in the 80's...they say that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger...then we must be some tough women. Sounds like you are doing great.. Jade
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views