I need protein help!!

Shana M.
on 4/7/06 7:24 am - KY
I use Protica Protein drinks. They are not shakes, just liquid. Each vial has 2.9 oz and 25 grams of protein in them. I drink 2 a day and then eat for the rest of my protein. I would say you might want to think about 3 a day as early out as you are. You can only get them online at Protica.com. They run about $3.00 a vial after shipping, but I have to say, they have saved my life. SLM
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/7/06 11:30 am - Littlerock, CA
I was having a problem with the protein shakes too, not as bad as you were Ms Keara, I never actually , but it was pretty nasty. My Dr.s office was soooo supportive in our dietary class, our dietician Julie was amazing and cute as a button, they gave us handouts on where to order online, which stores are bariatric friendly, etc. If you'd like to try some various "shakes" try vitalady.com, she'll sell samples and that way your not buying into a huge supply of something you won't be able to handle. The first time I heard about the IsoPure 0 Carb drinks was at the dietary class, but when I saw flavors like grape frost, alpine berry, and tropical punch, I though ewww gross. Then I heard someone mention it at my local bariatric support group this last Tuesday and she was absoloutly raving about how good they were. On Thursday I broke down and tried one, got it right out of the refrigerated section of a health food store, it's 20 oz of liquid but it has 40 grams of protien!!!! guess what? I loved it. O****il it got a little warm then it was just ok and you know how long it can take to get 20oz in. I took the rest home, put it back in the fridge, great again!, finally I ended up partially freezing it, shaking it around and it was really great! I've only tried two flavors so far, but both are good, not too sweet. I opened the blue raspberry took a few swiggs, put it in the freezer and let it freeze solid by mistake, but it worked out great, I took it with me while I went out shopping, kept shaking it and it was slushy the whole time. Don't wait too long to find something you like, it is very important to get that protien in, call your local health food stores, vitamin shops, or GNC and see if they have a more liquid protien source. They're not cheap, but if you find one you like you can usually purchase them by the 12 pack at a decent discout. Ingrid
Michelle B.
on 6/11/06 12:53 pm - Pennsauken, NJ
Hi, where do you buy IsoPure 0 Carb drinks
Melissa P.
on 4/7/06 11:42 am - Aurora, IL
I put unflavored proteing powder in crystal lite. I have yet to drink a protein shake. I hate them too.
miminjoey
on 4/8/06 7:14 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I must have over active tastebuds...I did this today and I could still taste it...can smell it too. I try to just suck it up and drink anyway, but I guess it's a mental thing....I just get queezy and can't do it. Mimi
MsKeara
on 4/8/06 7:38 am - Baldwin, WI
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I ordered 4 cases of the vials this morning. Since they will not get here until Wednesday, I also stopped by GNC and bought a case of the Isopure. I knew there had to be a better way. Thanks!
Katie M.
on 4/8/06 9:44 am - East Petersburg, PA
Hi, I'm 2 weeks out and have the same reaction to protein shakes, I just can't take the whey aftertaste! My program recommends Carnation instant breakfast (Sugar free.) If you make with skim milk they are 12 grams of protein. I also ocassionally put in one scoop of Beneprotein unflavored powder which adds an additional 6 grams of protein. (Just make sure you mix the beneprotein well or it clumps into unattractive clear lumps.) But the plain CIB tastes just like chocolate milk and has a pleasant taste. It comes in strawberry and vanilla also. If you mix the vanilla with orange crystal light it tastes like an orange julius. I hope you find something you'll like! You'll be able to do food more and more, hang in there. I had scrambled eggs today and they were so delish! It's funny, I used to be able to down a whole pizza and now I'm excited about 2 tablespoons or eggs! Best wishes, Katie
Beckers
on 4/8/06 1:20 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
I LOVE the IsoPure Protein drinks. They are clear liquid, like Kool-Aid or Gatorade, and refreshingly tasty
Jaydeez63
on 4/9/06 3:49 pm - CA
I do the achievone cappucino in the morning for 20g protein, taste like Starbucks. 1/2 bottle of ice cold ISOPURE Zero Carb flavored drink 20 g protein. Evening I drink one vial of NEW WHEY fruit punch, it is 3oz and has 25g. Total of 65 g then if I manage to tolerate any protein laden foods it adds a little more. I keep an assortment of the NECTAR Fuzzy Navel to go packs, NECTAR Cappucino and ISOPURE Zero Carb Vanilla Powder on hand to keep it interesting.
ooh-lala
on 4/10/06 12:52 am - Great Bend, KS
Jade, where do you find the New Whey product? Thank you, Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!