2 wks Post-Op visit and other schtuff!

BabyRuth2u
on 4/6/06 6:05 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Warning: Long! LOL Hi back from the surgeons office today. Everything looks good and I can move to soft foods and on from there. Weightloss today is 26lbs down since surgery on 3/24, and the 24lbs lost prior to surgery, so that a total of 50 lbs!! Clothes have been getting loser and I did by a few 3 x's shopping the past few weeks. I had been in 5x, lost some weight was in 4's. Well today getting ready for my docs appt I thought.. Hmm I'm going to try the 3's and guess what? Yes! That's right, they FIT!! So I was out and about today in my first 3x. Also tried a size smaller pant I had in the drawer and it fit perfectly. After I left the docs office went and bought a few things I'd need for next phase. After I got settled at home made a little scrambled egg beaters. It went down fine, took tiny tiny bites and chewed. Was worried the whole time.LOL That was about an hour ago. Nothing happening yet. So hope all will be well. I had burped, then another little one after having had a few bites, so decided I think that means to stop. So I did. Will have to be sure to supplement with protein shakes for sure at this point. The measurements went something like this. *1/4 c. egg beater mixture from the container = 6 gm protein *Once in skillet and cooked put into a 2 oz. little container I had on my digital scale. I did 0 it out then added the eggs. *This weighed in at 1-1/4 oz. (Told I am to eat 4 oz at a meal) I know it will take time to build up to that. *I ate about 1/2 of what was in the container. So how the heck do I know exactly how much protein I got? LOL On my way to the docs office today I was thinking about how things have been the past two weeks since surgery. Here is a list I came up with in my mind as I was driving. 1)My boobs fit in my bra. I'm not bulging up or out to the sides or back. Yes its still a BIG bra, but I'm in it! LOL 2)I'm wearing smaller clothes. My Winter coat hangs on me like I'm a little kid and I can wrap it pretty good across my body. Just a month ago the buttons just fit and I worried if they'd pop when I sit. LOL 3) My socks don't leave sock marks around my now tiny ankles. Well, they look pretty tiny from here. 4) I have a jawbone and a neck. One you can actually see the tendons?? or whatever they are there. But I do have a little chicken little hangy doodle that is freaking me out a bit. I'm hoping as I lose more goes and it balances out somewhere along the way. But its not too bad. 5) My skin feels so soft and smooth. I noticed it, but Dave even mentioned it this morning. I'm guessing from all the water and the junk not going into my body. 6) I actually want to go walking, or to the gym. I'm not released to go to the gym yet, or at least I cant do anything but light hand weights and the treadmill. So I've just been walking and using my weights at homme for that. There's probably more. Just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure you can all relate, those who've had the surgery already. But we newbies have to share!! So those are kind of my wow moments for the past two weeks. Thanks for everything!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/6/06 7:04 am - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, congratulations on all of your successes! You're amazing! The journey itself is amazing. You will figure out how to get your protein in, I promise. Keep up the great work! - Stephanie
jennb40
on 4/6/06 9:01 pm - Nashua, NH
Congratulations Ruth Ann on ALL your successes. You are doing great and are such a good motivator for all of us on the loser's bench! Keep up the good work...have a nice weekend! Barbara
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/7/06 5:21 am - Littlerock, CA
Awesome! We had surgery on the same day. I have lost 7 lbs since surgery, which I am thrilled with, and 20 lbs so far from my heighest weight. I took my morning walk and am getting ready to take a shower and go into town to buy my first "soft food". Thank you for your post. It's made me feel a little better and less scared about eating my first "meal". Ingrid
BabyRuth2u
on 4/7/06 5:36 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi, wishing you luck and enjoyment on your first eating experiences. I'm midway through day two of eating and all has been well. I was scared too as you are, it was all I could think of all week, saying I'm afraid to eat. But I wanted to, because I was SICK of liquids! lol Just take tiny bites, chew well and relax between bites. Don't worry if you don't eat the whole amount you planned, stop when you feel full if you do. I know its hard to tell fullness right now, but if you think you've had enough then stop. Good luck and let us know how it's going!
bettyc
on 4/7/06 10:27 am - Covington, LA
You go girl. I go the the doc Monday for my 4 week check up. I do not weigh at home. I see too much "insanity" on the boards about people stressing about short stalls. I am insane already and don't need that so I only weigh once a month at the docs office. I would love to see 25 lbs gone but will settle for 20. Be strong and positive--bj
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views