food and water are making me nauseas

ToniBinct
on 4/6/06 5:41 am - CT
I just discovered the Marchers website this is awesome! Let me start with I had surgery on 3/6 and came through it with a breeze. I was doing laps around the nursing station the same day I had surgery. I have had an incredible amount of energy, walking 2 1/2 to 3 miles a day.And then......last wk the idea of food started making me nauseas sips of water and I would gag.I haven't come near my fluid or protein goal in about 10 days. I'm lucky if I get in 20 ounces of fluid and 10 to 15 grams of protein. Has anyone else been through this? Any ideas? Toni
timsdanni
on 4/6/06 5:49 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I have - almost everything makes me nauseas at least part of the time - I wake up and feel fine till I get out of bed then I want to be sick - I have tried water before I get up, a quarter of a cracker, a bit of cheese (all the morning sickness things ) nothing works - I feel like crap for a couple of hours than everytime I eat I feel crappy what has helped is making my protien shake up the night before or 1st thing in the morning and every hour or so I go and get a 3 oz cup and chug 1.5 ounches of it. it does not taste good right now - I gag a lot but I keep it down you have got to get your water some how some way or you will end up back in the hosptial on an IV. can you suc**** eat shaved ice? drink broth or crytal light type stuff? any and all of it will help even if you only get in a few "bites" of ice at the time or a few sips. I also get sick if I eat to much - 1/8 of a cup is about right for me right now. start over if you need to - clear liquids then full than soft stuff I hope you get better soon - I would say you should contact your doc tomorrow (before the weekend) if you truely can not ge****er at least down today hugs danni
RebekaA
on 4/8/06 1:49 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Danni, I had this problem my first week. My dr said it was sensitivity from the new pouch, that the area was still irritated and that it was very common. He prescribed Prilosec. I haven't had any problems since. I would maybe talk to your dr. and see if they think it could help. I hope you feel better soon!
Darlene X
on 4/6/06 8:46 am - Maricopa, AZ
If you were doing fine beforehand, and all of a sudden this started, then please contact your surgeon to have a check up just to make sure you don't have a stricture. I told Hubby I thought he had a stricture when he was 1-2 months out, he could barely drink, didnt eat as much as he should have been... he put it off, it got so bad that this week at 6 months post-op now he ended up in the ER passing kidney stones (Sign of dehydration), then was admitted to hospital Monday, they did an endoscopy and found his stoma (Where the pouch and intestine were re-attached) was about 2/3 if the diameter it should have been. It may not be a stricture, but always better safe than sorry right?
Jaydeez63
on 4/6/06 3:01 pm - CA
I agree you should first check with your Dr. You may also want to try Queasy Pops. I have some and they seem to work. http://www.threelollies.com/ You can find them on this site and on the Bariatric Advantage site. Jade
alaskanbat
on 4/6/06 4:38 pm - Wasilla, AK
I am a little over two weeks out. I started having problems yesterday. I can drink but food doesn't want to stay down. It's strange. I had one problem before where I ate too much, and it sat at the bottom of my throat until it came up. This isn't the same thing. I even held the food down for about an hour and a half... and felt fine. Then I got feeling bad, and up it came. BLECK! I have a support group meeting tomorrow and I am going to ask about it. At least I am able to hold water down. Patti
mcgraw1027
on 4/7/06 1:31 am - poquoson, VA
I just went to the dr. today with that problem. He wasn't too concerned though. Water and food makes me sick, but I can drink crystal lite, juice, and skim milk. What he told me to do was start over with the liquid diet. I am going to be on that for another week, because he said I was probably still really swollen. ( I had to go back in a week after my first surgery for emergency surgery) He also gave me something called reglan for nausea. He also told me to take pepcid otc and maalox. I would call the dr. just incase it is something else, but that's what my dr. told me. He also said that I probably didn't have a stricture this early out and that I was just swollen. Good Luck
bettyc
on 4/7/06 10:31 am - Covington, LA
Week one and two were a oieco of cake. Week three was terrible--neausea every morning just felt yuck. Beginning of Week four got a little intestival virus and that knowked me down for three day. I feel good again today and am ready for better things. I am eating soft foods and am having no problems getting in my liquids and protein. Be strong and positive--bj
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views