Favorite thing to eat right now?

cdmoeller
on 4/7/06 6:34 am - Houston, TX
This is a great thread! Thanks Stephanie for posting it. I just finished with the pureed foods stage yesterday and today is my first day of "real" food, limited of course, and cut into tiny bites and chewed thoroughly. When I was on pureed food, tuna fish was by far my favorite. I also enjoyed sugar-free applesauce a lot. My first meal on the new phase of my diet was a Lean Cuisine Turkey Medallions and Mashed Potatoes dinner which I ate about a third of and loved it. I sure I'll get a little more creative over the next few days. And this thread has got me excited about eating good things - both tasty and good for me.
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/7/06 11:37 pm - My Town, NH
Cheryl, I'm starting my "real" food today! I'm not sure it will be much different than my "soft" food stages. I've eaten pretty much everything I wanted to try. Last night I made meatballs and marinara sauce. My husband enjoyed the pasta and I LOVED the meatballs. The sauce had quite a bit of sugar per serving which concerned me, but one serving was 1/2 cup and contained 10 grams of sugar. I think I was okay since I didn't even have 1/4 cup. I really only consumed the sauce that coated the meatballs. Regardless, they tasted soooo good. Keep sharing those ideas for "good things that are good for us"! - Stephanie
kimbaby74
on 4/7/06 1:47 pm - Western, KY
Well, I was just moved to pureed/blended foods today. So tonight, I went shopping for tuna, chicken, salmon, eggs, cottage cheese, some canned veggies and other stuff on my list of foods I can have. I was kinda scared to start eating...afraid of what my pouchie would think. So I had cottage cheese and tomato sauce for dinner...kind of like lasagna...or so I thought. It was gross. Definately not for me. Of course, I didn't like the cottage cheese by itself either. Before when I'd eat it, it was usually with a salad that had French dressing on it, so I always ate cottage cheese with french dressing. I wish I could find a sugar free low fat french dressing...Then I'd be in heaven. I think tomorrow I'm gonna try scrambled eggs with some cheese. Maybe that'll be harmless! Kim
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/7/06 11:44 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Kim. I'm not a huge cottage cheese fan either. But I do like it in lasagna and also in jello. Maybe adding some ground beef or turkey would help the taste of the "lasagna"? I love scrambled eggs with cheese! If I had time every morning, I'd eat an egg with cheese for breakfast. Unfortunately, I can only do that on weekends. Best of luck with your new food stage! -Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views