Favorite thing to eat right now?

Darlene X
on 4/6/06 8:40 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im currently in a pureed/soft food type stage, I just moved on a few days ago.. THANK GOODNESS!!! LOL I can have anything pureed, and then also white fish, tuna, chicken salad, eggs, cheese, beans etc... Today for lunch I had Roasted Red Pepper hummus with a few soy crisps (They chew to a thin paste, are low in calories and satisfy my need for crunch-- Dr allows saltines, but these are better for me) and a wedge of laughing cow lite cheese... I was in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!! The hummus was sooo flavorful, and deffinately my fav thing so far!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/6/06 11:12 am - My Town, NH
Darlene, I love the Laughing Cow cheese too. Who knew they had so many flavors of the Lite variety?! I haven't tried hummus yet but will definitely add it to my list. I never even thought of it! Thanks, Stephanie
Kylie S
on 4/6/06 11:26 pm - Melba, Australia
Hiya all Marchers, Well most of you are so much further down the track then I am, I am only just onto full liquids this weeks hehehe. So at the moment my fav meal is a strained 'cup of soup', Pepper Steak & Mushroom flavour. I have so many packets of 'cups of soups' I could nearly sell them. I also had my first cup of tea with milk (just a dash) in weeks. Heaven. Can't wait to get excited over pureed food, but its prolly going to be at least a month on this full liquids for me. hehehe. Take care Kylie
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/7/06 12:37 am - My Town, NH
Kylie, the soup sounds great. A nice cup of tea is indeed heaven! I love peppermint tea with just a dash of Splenda. It often settles my stomach (both pre-op and post-op) if my tummy is cranky. Your time on full liquids will be over before you know it! - Stephanie
jannineh99
on 4/7/06 12:22 am - Melrose, MA
Hello Fello MARCHers....I have been eating pureed foods all this week and have been in heaven...my favorite so far is what I had for supper last night had friends over and they had chicken and baked potatoes well I took one of the baked potatoes and pureed the insides (no skin... sigh) and then put it back into the skins and added shreaded nacho cheese and low fat sour cream...talk about heavenly...yummmmmmm....that is my favorite so far....maybe gonna try tuna within the next couple of days...wish me luck... Jannine
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/7/06 12:39 am - My Town, NH
Jannine, fat free sour cream has been a lifesaver for me. I eat it on anything I am afraid might be too dry. I've put it on pureed chicken, ground turkey taco meat and chili. It's yummy. Best of luck with the tuna! Tuna is my friend! - Stephanie
Rilabie_Chime
on 4/7/06 4:55 am - Littlerock, CA
Thank you for this thread Steph, and THANK YOU very much for your invite to this March 06 message board. I had no idea it was even here, I guess that's what happens when you don't experiment with a board very much, I'm a relative newbie to web boards in general. I am just getting ready to go out and go shopping for my first "soft" foods, I have been a little hungry the last few evenings, and I am right on schedule for this phase of eating, yesterday when I had my staples removed the dietician told me to go for it and not be afraid to start eating. So here goes. Mmmmm that ricotta and low sugar spaghetti sauce with a little cheese sounds awesome! Almost as good as the tuna, I never thought of putting a little diced boiled egg in it. Ok going shopping, I'm getting hungry, wow, I'm actually getting hungry. Thank you again so much Stephanie for introducing me to this forum. Ingrid
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/7/06 5:02 am - My Town, NH
Ingrid, I'm so glad you came to visit! These folks are great and we can all share frustrations and ideas as we go through this journey. Best of luck with the shopping! I found it to be a whole new experience. Now, I like to go to the grocery store when it's quiet and I'm not rushed so that I can peruse labels and compare brands for as long as I like! - Stephanie
Jeanne-C
on 4/7/06 5:53 am - Webster, NY
Stephanie, I also wanted to thank you for leading me to this board. Like you said it is nice to talk to people at the same stage as you are. Your Friend, Jeanne
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/7/06 11:32 pm - My Town, NH
Jeanne, we're so glad you found us too! Other MARCHers are such great resources for all of us. Best of luck on your journey! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views