Favorite thing to eat right now?

Stephanie Smiles
on 4/6/06 2:21 am - My Town, NH
Hi fellow MARCHers! I am sitting at my desk eating lunch and loving my tuna salad! It made me wonder what you enjoy at whatever stage you are currently at. I don't recall EVER loving tuna this much. I also like knowing that I am getting tons of protein. Tuna is such a good bang for your protein buck. So...my favorite... Tuna fish mixed with a diced boiled egg, a little celery salt and onion powder (since I can't yet have celery or onions!) and a teaspoon or so of reduced fat mayo What's your favorite? Please share, perhaps your favorite will be my next favorite! - Stephanie
Joanna C.
on 4/6/06 2:52 am - Miami, FL
Hi Stephanie, My favorite is shrimp in a "butter", dill, garlic sauce. I take 4-5 frozen large shrimp, sprinkle a little garlic salt and dill on them, spray with some butter flavored cooking spray, then pop them in the microwave for about 45 seconds ****il hot). I let them sit for a few minutes to soak up the flavor, then I eat away. Sort of a much less rich shrimp scampi. Joanna
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/6/06 3:20 am - My Town, NH
Joanne, that sounds so yummy! I had shrimp last night for the first time since surgery. They were heavenly! I'll try the dill, garlic and butter spray next time. I also had steamed summer squash and zucchini with the shirmp. It was so nice to eat a little bit of veggies. I made sure to consume my shrimp first and the veggies were like dessert! Shrimp...it's a good thing! Thanks for sharing. - Stephanie
jennb40
on 4/6/06 3:07 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Stephanie...I just finished my tuna - for lunch - I keep forgetting to bring a hard boiled egg, just use the 3 oz. packages, mix that lite mayo and try to spend 20 minutes eating 4 tablespoons!!!! In my past life I could have probably eaten all 4 tablespoons in one dip!!!! I still like the pinto beans and cheese from Taco Bell (1/2 cup, 10 gr protein) and sometimes at night I fix a few ounces of hamburger, mix with FF refried beans, add a little no sugar tomatoe sauce and top off with mozzarella cheese....ummm good! Will be anxious to see some other posts on this subject! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/6/06 3:24 am - My Town, NH
Barbara, I haven't tried the pintos and beans yet. But everyone raves about them! Your hamburger dish sounds delicious also. I found a recipe on Tooter's website for pizza that uses ground beef for the crust. I can't wait to try that too. I love tomato sauce with mozzerella cheese. Yum, yum. Here's to TUNA! (toasting with frosty mugs of water of course! ) - Stephanie
nors523
on 4/6/06 3:40 am - Hellertown, PA
I am loving tuna now as well, but the last few days I have craved homemade turkey meatballs with a bit of ff turkey gravy. Good protein and low fat. One meatball and a 1/4 cup side of sweet potato and I am in heaven. Good luck! -Nor-
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/6/06 4:15 am - My Town, NH
Noreen, wow turkey meatballs with gravy sound fantastic!! I'll put that on my menu for next week. I bet one batch of meatballs can last forever. I haven't tried sweet potatoes yet but my mouth waters at the very thought. Thanks for your reply! - Stephanie
timsdanni
on 4/6/06 5:55 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I got some lowfat sharp cheder cheese and love it - it is prepackaged and can get tossed in my purse LOL. I also love almonds - about 18 is half an ounce and I chew than really really well - lots of good fiber there I like cottage cheese with a tiny bit of spagetti sauce and cheese on top and melted - lassona kind of I just had a hard boild egg - still hot with salt on it and it was wonderful - I ate the whole thing however and mr pouch is being a bit crabby over that - I do well with about 1/8 of a cup of food at the time I have roast and veggies in the oven and hope to have sweet potatoe tonight - it sounds soooo yummy Does it annoy anyone but me that it takes almost as long to cook 1/4 of a cup as a real meal LOL I feel like I am living on snacks - I make my protien shake up and sip at it and then snack 1/8 of a cup at the time every few hours - I track it all on my diet software and am getting about 500 cals a day eating all day long - how cool is that Danni 372/329/170 goal
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/6/06 6:46 am - My Town, NH
Danni, I love the cottage cheese with sauce and mozerella idea. That's my favorite part of the lasagna anyhow. I did a roast with carrots and potatoes in the crockpot this weekend. The meat was so tender and easy for me to eat. I also had a few carrots and one little chunk of potato. Yum, yum. I average about 600 calories a day and can't believe that fills me up! Thanks for your comments! - Stephanie
jennb40
on 4/6/06 9:03 pm - Nashua, NH
Nor...what's your recipe for turkey meatballs? That sounds delicious! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!