I had surgery on March 28th....

Gizzy29
on 4/5/06 3:08 am
Hey people, my surgery was March 28th. They kept me in the hospital until April 1st, but I was suppose to be out on March 29th. So far, I am doing fine. They removed my staples and drains on Monday, April 3rd. I got sick twice.. once in the hospital.. spat up some blood.. looked like a clot from surgery. Then two days ago.. a little white stuff..frothy but they said it is normal so. I just wanted to say Hello to all. I hope everyone is doing well.
edlemp
on 4/5/06 3:49 am - Union, MO
Hey Tam- I had surgery the same day. Had rectal bleeding and spent 24 hours in ICU and got two units of blood. I am doing great now. I had grits yesterday AM and thought I was in heaven. My biggest issue is no BM for 6 days now. Have you gone yet? Phyllis
Sandra S.
on 4/5/06 4:13 am - Mountain Home, ID
Hi ladies; I had surgery same day! Was released with my drain on 31 March. Very uneventful. Phyllis, before I got out of the hospital, I had a few BM's and then that evolved into diarrhea for two days,(sunday), but haven't had one since. I was wondering the same thing! LOL I don't know what to tell you except that take comfort that you're not alone? I guess if it gets really bad, you should talk to your doc. Sandra
timsdanni
on 4/5/06 7:36 am - Ft Stewart, GA
if you can have them eat some refried beans - taco bells work well but canned or homemade would work too as long as you don't add a ton of fat. I had issues with that for a week or so then it resloved itself. it is differnt b/c there is soooo much less going in there must be less coming out LOL milk of magnesia is suppose to be ok for WLS too. and I have had a tea called smooth moves (herbal) suggested to me too danni
socalkarin
on 4/5/06 1:45 pm - Monrovia, CA
Hello there - I'm a fellow member of the March 28th club. I had RNY laproscopic, got to keep my gall bladder, and came home on 3/31. I have had no nausea at all, and sometimes wonder if they even did anything to my stomach, because I still WANT to eat everything I see! (But I don't). I've been on clear soups with pureed veggies, jello, my beloved chocolate protein shake made with lite soymilk, and herbal tea. I had a very loose BM the day before I was discharged and have had one every day since. It's almost liquid, since all I'm taking in is liquids! My first follow-up with surgeon is tomorrow, so I'll get the 'skinny' on what's normal, etc. Best of luck to y'all! Forward MARCH!!!
jennb40
on 4/5/06 9:21 pm - Nashua, NH
Congratulations to all you 28th'ers!!! So glad you are all home and best wishes for a speedy recovery...treat yourselves good, be patient, follow your doctor's orders and sip, sip, sip! Welcome to the loser's bench, we have been saving you a place and glad you are all here! Hugs to all, Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views