Full liquid ideas

specialtc
on 4/4/06 10:32 am - KY
I am on full liquids for post-op 2 weeks, and am already tired of my menu...creamed soups, pudding, frozen ice cream bars sf/ff, cream of wheat. I like mexican and italian foods. Any ideas for full liquid stage?
stacylg
on 4/5/06 2:11 am - clinton, MO
Im at the same point as you are trisha, im getting so tired of the same things. would love some new ideas to.
Sandra S.
on 4/5/06 4:31 am - Mountain Home, ID
HI! I'm 8 days out and was already bored! I bought myself a little Hamilton Beach personal blender and it's just perfect for blending small amounts. Let me tell you, last night I made some pork steaks with mushroom and onion gravy, (like schnitzel), with green beans and mashed potatos. It looked soooo good, I took a bite sized piece of the pork, about a tablespoon of the potatoes, a good 10-12 green beans and lots of mushrooms and some of the gravy and blended up in that little blender and I was in HEAVEN!! And as long as you didn't look at it for too long, it was wonderful! I could only eat my half cup, (4 oz) and was STUFFED. The dogs got the rest! LOL My surgeon told me to blenderize everything so that it could fit through a straw and have at it. Trish, the other night I made chalupas from leftover pinto beans I had in the freezer and leftover taco meat; I blended some beans, taco meat with some beef broth and put some fat free sour cream and a little cheese....OMG yummy!! I haven't had any trouble keeping anything down, and no tummy upsets yet, so it must be settling ok. I can sure feel when I'm full though, especially when I eat the beans! For my protein shakes, I bought a cannister each of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. Yesterday, I used my Raspberry Fruit2o water, 12 0z of it, with a 4 oz cup of sf/lowfat strawberry yogurt and about 4-5 frozen strawberries, and the 3 scoops of my protein powder. It tasted exactly like a strawberry milkshake! Yummy! I'm going to try a little banana, with a vanilla yogurt in my chocolate protein mix today; I'll use skim milk for that. One of these shakes lasts me all day since I drink it 1/2 cup at a time. Oh and for breakfast, I poached an egg, soft, and mashed it with some seasoned salt and pepper and about a tablespoon or more of skim milk and it was so good also! I hope that helps. My problem is I want to CRUNCH on something, like a taco shell or a CARROT....in due time though! Just know you're not alone in your frustration! LOL Sandra
timsdanni
on 4/5/06 7:26 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I can't believe you can eat 1/2 a cup of anything!!! I am 3 1/2 weeks out and pretty much on solids - no raw veggies/fruit and chew everything to babyfood consitacy - but I can literally only eat 1/8 of a cup at the time. I can drink 2 oz /1/4 a cup of protien shake at the time but that is max Last night I was craving cold ceral so I took 1/4 cup grapenut flakes and let them soak in 1/8 milk for a little while and then ate it and by half way though I was toooooo full. so it is back to 1/8 of a cup of anything for me. I did good on soft foods with things like refried beans mashed smoother - maybe on full liquids you could add a bit of beef broth and blend them to "soupy" I also did egg drop soup on full liquids Danni 372/330/170??
pattyevbc
on 4/5/06 5:39 am - Brighton, MI
Wow - I must be way behind in this trip! Lap Band Surgery was Mar 21 so this is 2 wks +1 day and I'm still on full liquids - no soup but broth, protein shakes, fruit smoothies (w/yogurt). I did have a very tiny taste of garlic mashed potatoes when I was fixing dinner for family - but that's it. I'm down at least 15 pounds so am pleased about that as I know lab banders lose slower. But you guys are flying!! Good for you. Meijers has 32 oz smoothy makers (with the bottom spout) for $15 and that's been a great help for me. Didn't know I could have cream of wheat/rice/anything! Perhaps my doctor goes a little slower but I think he's the greatest so will follow instructions. Best of luck to you all.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views