How much weight loss?

Shana M.
on 4/4/06 7:11 am - KY
I had my surgery March 6th and I'm 36 pounds down from my highest. Around 3 of that was pre-op. I'm having issues with not wanting to eat and not getting any protein in lately. I'm starting to use Protica Protein. It's only 2.7 oz of flavored liquid and 25 grams of protein in each vial! I'm also beginning my water aerobics class tomorrow. Hopefully that will jumpstart my weight loss again! SLM
sunny1
on 4/4/06 3:43 pm - Georgetown, DE
Let me know what you think of the Protica! I've been debating on the plunge since surgery on 3/9 considering the price. I'm also having serious problems with having to force both food and liquid due to lack of want and am getting worried about being too low on protein. congrats on the loss so far! sunny
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/4/06 9:10 am - My Town, NH
Hi Trish. Thanks for posting this question. I wondered how everyone was doing as well. I will be one month out on Friday. I'm happy to report that I have lost 16 pounds since my surgery (3/7/06) and that combined with the 34 pounds I lost before surgery brings my grand total to 50 pounds. I also just had my husband measure me and I've lost 10.75 inches in one month. I don't have my one month follow-up appointment with my bariatric program until 4/13 and I hope my labs reflect the fact I try to be diligent about my vitamins. Everyone has done so well! Keep it up! - Stephanie
Barbara M.
on 4/4/06 11:43 am - St. Louis, MO
Hi Trish - I have lost 31 lbs. since the morning of surgery. I had to lose an additional 6 lbs. of water that I gained in the hospital first, but that came off in the first couple of days. It has come off really quickly, considering I did not lose an ounce during weeks 3 and 4. I was devastated! But I am happy now with what is happening. Barb
Jaydeez63
on 4/4/06 3:23 pm - CA
Hi, I am new at message boards, so if I mess up, please be patient with me. I am at 10 days post-op and have lost 11 bs, have not lost any in the last 3 days even though I am walking 2.0 miles (35 minutes) on treadmill. Feel I shouldn't be at plateau already but now I guess I have to be patient with myself!
Veronica
on 4/4/06 4:16 pm
Hi Trish, I had my surgery on the same exact day as you did. I have lost the exact same amount as you have since surgery, which is 25 pounds. I am on pureed foods until I get to 6 wks post op, how bout you? Veronica
BabyRuth2u
on 4/4/06 9:52 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi, I haven't had my two week appt yet, it is tomorrow. But by my scale at home it looks like I have lost around 25 lbs. When I got home from the hospital my scale actually weighed me 5 lbs more than I was when I went in. That came off and then this 25 lb it looks like. We'll see exact numbers tomorrow. I thought it seemed like too much, something must be wrong, but it looks like a few here have lost in that range. So cool! I should be able to start other foods tomorrow. Kind of scared. Everything has been going well so far, no problems with liquids, no vomiting, nausea etc. I've seen so many posts about people getting sick, dumping on stuff I'm afraid to eat! I have been doing well, haven't been "hungry", but am definately ready for some more variety than liquids!! PLEASE! I'm sure I'll eat, but I have been stressing over it all week. I want to but am afraid. It has made even the liquids I've been doing less appealing. I can't even do my chicken broth the past two days, but thankfully the protein shake is still appealing, thats much better for me anyways. I look forward to my appt. tomorrow to see what the exact numbers are! I hope everyone has a great day!
BabyRuth2u
on 4/4/06 9:54 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Oh, forgot to mention that before surgery I had lost 24 lbs from Fed 14 at my prior doc appt. up until surgery day 3/24. So the total lost since then will be great to see! Thanks!
Sheri D.
on 4/5/06 2:21 am - On the edge of, SD
I am out 3 weeks since surgery. At my one week followup, I was down 24 lbs. My doctor said that at my 3 week appointment, I may not lose anymore or very little as your body begins to adjust. At my three week appoinment I was down another 5 lbs. for a total of 29 lbs. in three weeks. Congrats to all of the others *****sponded to this question on their tremendous weight loss. It does feel good to see the loose fitting clothes and to fit into clothes that you haven't been able to wear in a long time. Keep up the good work!!! Sheri
Shana M.
on 4/5/06 4:47 am - KY
Well, I found a trick to the protica thing. I take a large swig and drink it real slow in my mouth, then as soon as it's gone (before the aftertaste sets in) I take several quick sips of water to kill the taste. It took only 3 large swigs and it was gone. Remember don't swallow the whole thing, drink it in fast small gulps, at least that's what I did. I'll take another one tonight. They may be expensive but that is so worth it to me to be able to get my protein in that fast. Two of those a day runs about $6. I would have spent that much on eating out or more! SLM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views