How much weight loss?

Mama-of-3
on 4/4/06 2:26 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hiya! How much weight have you each lost so far? I went in for my 2 week-4 day appointment yesterday and I have lost 38 pounds total. 13 pre-op and 25 since the day of surgery. I was wondering how that compares....good? bad? My doctor just says "Your doing fine!" =) I have had NO problems AT ALL. Everything I have eaten sits well thank goodness. No sickness no thing. I'm pretty blessed! How are you all doing??? P.S. Mary Mc. you are a DOLL! I love seeing your photo. You smiley girl, you!!! I smile everytime I see your pearly whites!
Joanna C.
on 4/4/06 2:34 am - Miami, FL
Hi Trish, I had surgery two days before you did. I've lost "only" 20 lbs - 19 in the first two weeks, then only one pound during week 3. However, I feel great and I did notice that I lost 3 inches off my waist between the second and third week while I wasn't losing weight. I joined Curves yesterday and I feel I am getting an incredible boost to my energy level, my weight loss efforts, and my metabolism. We're all very different and our bodies are going to react differently. Last week I was posting in desperation that I wasn't losing any weight. Then someone mentioned that I should measure my body dimensions and see if I was losing inches. I'm a happy camper now! Good luck!
jennb40
on 4/4/06 2:42 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Trish, sounds like you are doing great. As of last Saturday ( I am desperately trying to only weigh on Saturday...tempting to do it everyday) but I have lost 24 pounds since 3-13. Eating is setting well with me also. I belong to Ladies Workout Express, which is like Curves, but my doctor won't let me go back till 4 weeks after surgery, so I have been doing lots of walking. I am so glad we are on the Loser's Bench jus****ching weight fall off!!!! Barbara
Jacqueline P.
on 4/4/06 2:45 am - Las Vegas, NV
22 pounds since surgery on the 21st. 2 weeks ago today.
Lisa M.
on 4/4/06 3:39 am - LaGrange, NC
As of last Sunday I am down 37 since first of year. that is 13 preop and 24 since my preop on March 6th and I had surgery on March 21st. As anyone taken Dulcalax for constipation? i have a bottle and was wondering and didn't want to call doctor.
ddove74
on 4/4/06 3:47 am - Burbank, CA
Certain laxatives are too harsh. My nut and surgeon suggested Benefiber. It works very smoothly, no pain. The best thing is that it disolves very well in liquid....
ddove74
on 4/4/06 3:45 am - Burbank, CA
I've lost about 32lbs. I think that's about right. I think it will probably taper off to be about 20lbs/month (give or take).
lilbit60
on 4/4/06 4:06 am - Enterprise, AL
At my 2 week checkup last Wed I had lost 11 lbs since my surgery on Mar 15th. I had lost 11 lbs before surgery. I also have not lost anymore since, yet I will not be discouraged, I know this will happen for me if I do what my Dr says and keep a positive attitude. I also have not had any problems, I feel great, & started back to work yesterday. I feel pretty blessed too! Carol
Rick A.
on 4/4/06 4:15 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi, I have only lost 9 pounds since surgery, but 39 pre-op. I feel great and am having no trouble with food. It does take all day to get my water in though. I will keep plugging along. Rick :>)
Heather_O
on 4/4/06 7:06 am - WI
Hi Trish Before surgery I lost 46 lbs. At 2 weeks out I had lost 16 lbs. And now at 4 weeks out I've lost 22 lbs. since surgery so total I've lost 68 lbs. Everybodys weightloss is going to be different depending on how much water weight was gained and also the diet their doctor recomends because I know most people are on liquid diets for 2-3 weeks after surgery but I was on pureed even before I left the hospital. I think once we are further out we'll start getting closer numbers. Good Luck And Continued Sucess On Your Weightloss Journey Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views