hello-from a NEW LOOSER

MamaRia
on 4/4/06 12:52 am - cookeville, TN
HELLO people--- Gosh- glad I found this board... I;m a new looser... had my surgery 3.30.06- I;m doing good.......liquid diet stage of course.... everything that i have eat/or shall I swallowed -has been good.. and nothing (yet) has upset my pouch. My water intake has not been quite as good--- but I am trying----- I like the updates on what you all eat on the PUREED stage.... wow..I'm excited about the pinto beans from taco bell--- 10 grams of fat per serving??!! WOW!!! I go tomorrow for a post op------- HOPEFULLY I can move on to the next stage. Can anyone tell me about....(soory)) constiapation after surgery?? and what to d oabout it? I have made a call to thenurse and waiting her answer- Can we drink prune jiuce? on a daily basis... to keep us regular? I dontmind the stuff in small quantities... I'd be willing to drink that--- rather that being full of POOP!! LOL!! TAKE CARE- MARIA
jennb40
on 4/4/06 1:07 am - Nashua, NH
Welcome Maria to the MARCHers Loser's Bench...we are happy to have you! Glad you are through with the surgery and traveling on in your journey. The Taco Bell beans and cheese is 10 grams of protein...not fat! I am not sure about the fat content, but if you go to Taco Bell's web site you can find out how much fat it does have in it. And for the constipation....eat those Taco Bell beans a couple of times in 2 days and I am betting you won't have that problem much more!!! You can also try fat free refried beans from El Paso and that with a little cheese is good and helps with the constipation. Also, the more water you drink, the better that is for constipation. I doubt you can have prune juice at this stage, but certainly run that question by your nutritionist or doctor. Best of luck to you, and keep posting your progress! Barbara
MamaRia
on 4/4/06 1:44 am - cookeville, TN
oops-- I DID mean PROTIEN.........( for the beans)) thanks for the info.. and I will check out taco bells website!! ohhhhhhhhhh I love this site!! so much info!!!
BabyRuth2u
on 4/4/06 10:04 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Barbara, What is the exact name of the Taco Bell refried bean and cheese item? Is it a burritto? Taco? I've seen it mentioned several times but don't know exactly what to ask for. Thanks in advance!
bettyc
on 4/4/06 1:49 am - Covington, LA
Welcome to the MARCHers we will always be connected because we changed our lives at about the same time. I have had not had your poop problem,in fact my question is where does it all come from? My doc told us to if we miss going for three days take MOM (milk of magnisum). When you can the beans are good also Wendy's chili a lot of beans. If you have to have it pureed put it in a blender. These are all things I have learned from this board. I hope you do well. The first 2 weeks were great for me but week 3 was hard with neausea in the morning and hunger. This week all that is gone--I have to make myself eat. My best advice keep up with you protein and fluid intake everyday. We can fall behind so easily and out nutrition now will pay off in the future. Be strong and positive--bj
ddove74
on 4/4/06 4:02 am - Burbank, CA
Hi Maria: Welcome to the board! You'll love it here . Everyone is so helpful and kind. With regard to constipation, my nut and surgeon suggested Benefiber which dilutes in water wonderfully. Also, it "moves" you very easily without any pain. Take care and look forward to speaking with you soon. Best regards, ~Danielle
Heather_O
on 4/4/06 6:34 am - WI
Hi Maria and welcome to the losers bench!!! During the first 3 days after I got home from the hospital I used sugar free Colace which is a stool softner instead of a laxcative like the MOM is so its alot more gentle, and I mixed it with juice but it didnt really help me have a bowel movement but I think it did help keep everything from getting to compacted (sorry couldnt think of a polite way to say it) The main thing that blocked me up was my pain meds, 2 days after I quit taking them everything started moving along fine. Hope that helps. Heather
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/4/06 9:13 am - My Town, NH
Hi Marie and welcome! We're so glad you found us. Constipation haunts me as well. I try to drink more water when I feel constipated and hope for the best! I've struggled with my water intake. It's tough to get all that in during the waking hours. I often wish I could hook myself up to an IV for the night! Best wishes on your journey! Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views