Recipe Book gift from Andee

Sandra S.
on 4/1/06 4:08 pm - Mountain Home, ID
My bestest friend Andee gave me a wonderful book after getting home from the hospital on 31 March. I can't wait to try out these recipes!! The book is called Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. Patt Levine is a chef who went through WLS herself and wrote this book out of experience!! It contains over 140 low-fat, high protein recipes and even some easy, easy desert recipes!! I'll quote from the back of the book: "After her weight loss surgery in 2003, Patt Levin knew she would hav to stick to a very restrictive diet, but there had to be something better than the "totally tasteless mush" her post-op food guidelines recommended. Levine put her cooking skills to work and now, in Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery, she and collaborator Michele Bontempo-Saray offer over 140 original, low-fat, hight protein recipes that taste just as delicious pureed and chopped as they doo served whole, so you can enjoy flavorful, satsifying meals through every stage of your post-op eating program and cook for your family and friends-all at the same time. These delectable dishes, which cover everything from breakfast to dessert, include: Vegetable Frittata-Southwestern Tomato Soup-Crustless Spinach and Cheese Quiche-BBQ Baked Chicken-Asian Turkey Dumplings-Cider Glazed Pork Chops-London Broil with Horseradish Cream-Moussaka-Salmon with Creamy Lime Dill Sauce-Scallops Provencale-Orange Ginger Tofu-No Noodle Zucchini Lasagna-Basic Cheesecake-Pina Colada Smoothie Complete with advice from a certified nutritionist, helpful tips for stocking your pantry and refrigerator, and nutritional analyses for each recipe, Eating Well After weight Loss Surgery is guaranteed to make eating a true pleasure and help you maintain your weight loss for years to come. " I can't wait to try these recipes out!!!! Sandy
Lisa M.
on 4/3/06 12:17 am - LaGrange, NC
I have been wanting to get the Zucchini NO noodle Lasagna recipe from somewhere. Any chance you will post that one?
cathelewis
on 4/3/06 2:45 am
This is an awesome book. I have it too. I'm waiting to get off the liquid diet so I can try some of the recipes. Cathe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views