Home from the Hospital!

Foxy411
on 4/1/06 7:06 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi, I had surgery (RNY) on March 28th and got home yesterday afternoon. So excited about my new life! I've been eating/drinking exactly what the diet calls for...so far I'm doing really well. Went out with my Mom this afternoon for a walk and sat outside to enjoy the nice weather. Still having a lot of pain in my shoulder from the surgery but trying to stretch it as much as a I can...once that pain goes away I will feel so much better. Does anyone have any advice on what to do with that pain? The doctor says it's just pain from the way they had my arms during the procedure but it feels like I had surgery on my shoulder rather than my stomach. Ann Marie
jennb40
on 4/1/06 7:13 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Ann Marie....I had more pain in my upper back at first and the thing that helped the most was sitting with a heating pad at my back and then when I could get him still for a few minutes, would get my hubby to rub it. Walking believe it or not seemed to help as I think perhaps gas was bothering me in the back rather than stomach. Try a heating pad and see if that helps....hope you continue to do well on your journey, you are officially on the loser's bench with the other MARCHers!!!! Barbara
Darlene X
on 4/1/06 10:59 pm - Maricopa, AZ
SHoulder pain also comes from the gas they pump you up with at surgery... The gas rises to your shoulders to escape your body... Fart and burp at will! LOL
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/2/06 12:29 am - My Town, NH
Welcome home Ann Marie! I hope the pain in your shoulder goes away very soon! Rest well, Stephanie
Foxy411
on 4/2/06 12:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks everyone! I am happy to report that I can use my arm today and the pain is almost gone! Thank God I live by myself because letting go of this gas has not been pleasant!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views