home from hospital

miminjoey
on 4/1/06 6:55 am - Fort Bragg, NC
well I am home again. Thursday I was admitted to the hospital, with sever dehydration and a tear in my abdominal wall. I was so bad that my kidney decided it did not want to work, after 24 hours of fluids and meds being pushed through my IV I then started to pass blood....it was a complete roller coaster ride for 3 days...but I am now home and doing better. My sister is flying in Moday to help me out until she thinks it is safe to go home since my hubby is still in AL. It looks like I've gained weight because of the 8 bags of fluid...but I know I haven't it's jus****er. I have my follow up next Friday and well have an official weight loss then. Mimi
Foxy411
on 4/1/06 7:14 am - Philadelphia, PA
Mimi, I hope you are feeling better soon. Do you know what caused the severe dehydration? Don't worry about the weight gain...just focus on getting better first. Ann Marie
miminjoey
on 4/1/06 8:59 am - Fort Bragg, NC
my doctor told me to drink 1L of water day and I was having a hard time keeping it down...and I live in the desert....so the 2 mixed was a bad combo...then come to find out my doctor told me wrong Ii was suppose to be drinking 2L.
Mama-of-3
on 4/1/06 11:00 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hi Mimi, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles! I hope you get to feeling better real soon. I noticed you were from EL Paso Texas. I grew up there! I moved away after high school graduation and I haven't been back although all of my family still lives there. Just wanted to say Hi and Hope you feel better soon. My surgery day was the same as yours. =) Trish
nors523
on 4/1/06 1:47 pm - Hellertown, PA
I wish you a speedy recovery. The water weight will come off, just focus on good health. Best of luck, -Nor-
Kylie S
on 4/1/06 3:25 pm - Melba, Australia
Hi Mimi, So glad that you are home recovering. Just concentrate on getting healthy at this point, the weight loss will come in time. I hope the rest of your recovery is smooth sailing. Take care Kylie
jennb40
on 4/1/06 7:21 pm - Nashua, NH
Bless your heart. Mimi....so sorry for all you are going through. Stay strong and soon this will be behind you. You rest, drink and take good care of yourself....let your sis wait on you for a while...you would do it for her! Barbara
miminjoey
on 4/2/06 12:12 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Thank you everybody....yesterday I think I got a bit carried away with the water...i was so paranoid I wouldn't get enough I was sick at my stomach all day from drinking too much...and got the foamies again...so today I am going to go back to the 3oz an hour and see if that helps. I made me a chart too so I can write all my liquids down. I hope this helps. Mimi
Stephanie Smiles
on 4/2/06 12:26 am - My Town, NH
Hi Mimi. Whew, you've been through a lot! I hope that you are able to rest in your own bed now and relax a bit. I'll be thinking of you over the next few days. It will get better! Rest well, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views