Tired

Melissa P.
on 3/30/06 11:30 pm - Aurora, IL
I had surgery last Wednesday (3/22/06) I am feeling pretty good, but I am so tired. I don't understand how I could loose so much strength after being down for a few days. Any ideas on how to get the energy back up? I am trying to get the protein in. I just started the pureed diet, and am doing pretty well on it, but I can't eat more than a few bites at each meal. I get full very fast.
Lisa M.
on 3/31/06 2:35 am - LaGrange, NC
I had surgery the day b/4 you did. I also am tired, but I don't get off liquids for another week and a half. I don't think I do pureed food, I think I go straight to soft food. I'm sure our bodies are just adjusting to such a small amount of calories and it does show. I am getting only about five to six hundred per day. Hope you have a burst of energy soon! Lisa
BabyRuth2u
on 3/31/06 5:12 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Lisa, I had my surgery on the 24th. I saw you mentioned that you were still on liquid also, but said you were getting in five to six hundred per day. I am assuming you mean calories? How are you doing that? What are you drinking that has any calories? LOL I've been living on water, warm tea with splenda, chicken broth. Recently was able to eat sugar free popsicle, and today tried 2 oz of a protein mix in water. I can't imagine anything I'm taking in adds up to very much at all let alone clost to 5 or 6 hundred. What type of things are you having? Thanks!
Mary M.
on 3/31/06 5:59 am - Livonia, MI
Hi Melissa, I am post op 18 days and the 1st 2 weeks I was really tired. I am feeling better this week now that I am on pureed foods and taking in a little more calories. I am really trying to up my activity as well so I can increase my energy level! Good luck on your progress. Mary
Sheri D.
on 4/4/06 1:04 am - On the edge of, SD
Hi Melissa - I had surgery 3 weeks ago today. I started back to work, but get very tired after about 1/2 a day. I am on the general diet now, that I can eat about anything I want, but I also get full very fast. Just take it easy and don't try to pu**** Your body needs to adjust to all it has been through. Glad that you are doing pretty well. Take care and god bless.
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/06 5:33 am - AZ
Hi Melissa, I had surgery on 3/8 and didn't have my usual energy until just a few days ago. This is a MAJOR surgery and it takes time for our bodies to recover. I have had to remind myself to listen to my body and get the extra rest that it has been telling me it needs. Rest, relax, get the fluids and protein in and your energy will come back! Elizabeth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views