time between liquids and food

nors523
on 3/30/06 11:06 am - Hellertown, PA
I am three and 1/2 weeks post op and having a hard time getting in the liquids. I was told not to drink one hour before or after meals. Is this what others are following? Thanks -Nor-
headparrot
on 3/30/06 11:19 am - Ponca City, OK
My doc says one half hour before and after meals...but I know each doctor is different. Good luck!
jennb40
on 3/30/06 7:50 pm - Nashua, NH
My doc says 15 minutes before meals and one hour after...truly everybody's program appears to be different!!!
Mama-of-3
on 3/31/06 12:44 am - Philadelphia area, PA
My doctors says 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after. =)
Jacqueline P.
on 4/3/06 5:50 am - Las Vegas, NV
Mine says 1/2 hour before & half hour after.
KMMsupport
on 4/4/06 12:18 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
I am not drinking at lease 30 minutes before meals and when I feel I am ready after. Everyones body is different you have to do what feels right to your body and your stomach. Only you can decide if you are ready to drink. I get more of the Crystal Light in than plain water. I sip all day long. C...
timsdanni
on 4/5/06 8:12 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I eat 5-6 times a day and would never get my liquids in if I waited an hour on both sides my doc and nut said 30 mins before and after - but I am usally thirsty and drink 20-25 mins after unless I have "over eaten" then I am to sick to drink - over eat for me however is anything over 1/8 of a cup REJOICE IN YOUR LIMITATIONS is all I can say when I eat 1/8 of a cup at at time LOL I also put ice water by my bed b/c I seem to be able to drink a tad more at night laying down and I get up to 8 oz in that overnight most nights danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views